Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: .40 S&W dead - yes or no

Cool Truth

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    My understanding is that the current issue sidearm for Navy Seals is 9mm...just like the FBI, just like DSS, and just like ICE. That is the pattern to which I was referring.
    That would be a Negative Ghost Rider.
    Please check your sources...
    Just like the FBI Rescue Team they often get to pick their own weapons.
    Just like Special Forces.
    It's a lot of 45 ACP, go figure - LOL

Have you actually talked to anyone in Special Forces?

Maybe you've heard of Chris Kyle -
    "We were issued the SIG P226, but I'm not a fan of 9 mm. On one deployment, I brought my own SIG P220 in .45 ACP."

Do you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    That would be a Negative Ghost Rider.
    Please check your sources...
    Just like the FBI Rescue Team they often get to pick their own weapons.
    Just like Special Forces.
    It's a lot of 45 ACP, go figure - LOL

Have you actually talked to anyone in Special Forces?

Maybe you've heard of Chris Kyle -
    We were issued the SIG P226, but I'm not a fan of 9 mm. On one deployment, I brought my own SIG P220 in .45 ACP.
    Do you understand?
    Might want to read my quote again. I specifically referred to the "issued" firearm...i.e., the firearm they will give you if you don't wish to carry one of your own choosing. This is common to the Special Forces, FBI SRT, DSS, ICE, etc etc.

p.s. I've lived, trained, and served with Special Forces operators during my military and FLE career. Thanks for asking.

Might want to read my quote again. I specifically referred to the "issued" firearm...i.e., the firearm they will give you if you don't wish to carry one of your own choosing. This is common to the Special Forces, FBI SRT, DSS, ICE, etc etc.

p.s. I've lived, trained, and served with Special Forces operators during my military and FLE career. Thanks for asking.
    Issued yes, carried some - thanks for playing - LOL
    You have heard of Chris Kyle right?

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    My only experience with .40 cal is the Glock G22, and I've been shooting and qualifying with them since they hit our shores long ago...many, many thousands of rounds. A Gen3 G22 happens to be my nightstand and primary home-defense gun, and I have nothing bad to say about them; however, .40 cal is "snappy" to say the least, even in the big old G22.
    Agreed. It's certainly no better in the G27, although that tends to be my most accurate pistol from 15 yards in, for some reason.

My Shield 2.0 in 40 is a bear, but is manageable enough that I was convinced to sell my G43.

Now, my Sig 229 Legion in 40 is another story. At that weight, the 40 is pretty much tamed, and you could shoot it all day without feeling particularly battered. Of course, I've shot that platform/round for almost 20 years, including quarterly qualifications on a pretty challenging course. Of course, carrying it on your hip all day will give you sciatica, and shooting it for more than a couple of hours will turn your shoulders to jelly, but still....

p.s. I'm still trying to justify purchasing a Kahr in 40. I'm pretty sure the MK40 might be manageable, but I'd love to try out a PM40...call me a masochist.

Did you read the Chris Kyle quote are are you brain dead?

Wink

I read the quote, and at this point have no idea what you are going on about.

And, yes, I may very well be brain dead...discussing this with you has brought me there.

Do you have an actual point you'd like to discuss, or are you committed to mere insults?

p.s. Chris Kyle isn't the only person to have picked up a firearm in defense of his country. I respect his service, but I see no reason to accept him as the unquestioned authority on all matters concerning firearms. But maybe that's just me...I'm not a "hero worship" kind of guy.

I read the quote, and at this point have no idea what you are going on about.

And, yes, I may very well be brain dead...discussing this with you has brought me there.

Do you have an actual point you'd like to discuss, or are you committed to mere insults?

p.s. Chris Kyle isn't the only person to have picked up a firearm in defense of his country. I respect his service, but I see no reason to accept him as the unquestioned authority on all matters concerning firearms. But maybe that's just me...I'm not a "hero worship" kind of guy.
    I read it as well, and I'm trying to understand what's so remarkable about it. He preferred a .45 over 9mm? Seems like I recall more than a few others expressing the same opinion, with many believing that a .45 is the only caliber worthy of carry and self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    I read it as well, and I'm trying to understand what's so remarkable about it. He preferred a .45 over 9mm? Seems like I recall more than a few others expressing the same opinion, with many believing that a .45 is the only caliber worthy of carry and self-defense.
    Exactly. Just another informed opinion amongst scores of others.

These caliber wars always seem to descend to the same nonsense on firearm forums.

We live in a great time for EDC...lots of really good firearm choices and really good ammo. Carry what works best for you, and whichever allows you to consistently put rounds on target.

Are you Ex Military, Special Forces, or Law Enforcement? Don't you think that's a little harsh towards a gentlemen who was. As I respect all Military, Law Enforcement and any first responders, It is still your own choice on what you choose to carry. I don't care what Seal Team 6, Delta, etc. etc. choose to carry. The few that I've talked to told me the same, carry whats best for you. Period. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

".40 S&W dead - yes or no?"

I certainly hope not. After shooting and loving my new Kahr K9 for the past three weeks, I'm thinkin' I really need to have a new K40, too.

rx7sig