Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: .40 S&W dead - yes or no

Personally, I don't think it's a bad thing either, especially with ball ammo. In that situation I probably would carry a 45. But I have never been in a position where I've had to carry just ball ammo. But I also don't understand why if a person wants to carry a 9mm with modern JHP ammo, that's a bad thing.

I just don't get why wanting a bigger hole is a bad thing?

Why do I have 9mm guns?.....cheaper ammo = more range time. Actually i went from 45 cal 1911 firearms to help give me more and less painful shooting time due to arthritis and carpal tunnel. .....and yes it is cheaper too.

Default This isn't Rocket Science

IMHO any service caliber will serve you well.
    Carry what you shoot the best

Light Bulb This isn't Complicated

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    Personally, I don't think it's a bad thing either, especially with ball ammo. In that situation I probably would carry a 45. But I have never been in a position where I've had to carry just ball ammo. But I also don't understand why if a person wants to carry a 9mm with modern JHP ammo, that's a bad thing.
    Any Service Caliber will serve you well (High Tech JHP: HST, Ranger-T or GDHP).
    Carry what you shoot the best.
    That's the way it is...

Beretta Minx with std pressure ammunition. Tried a Jetfire, but it was too hot for me to handle.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Beretta Minx with std pressure ammunition. Tried a Jetfire, but it was too hot for me to handle.
    Try Federal HST Micro

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Try Federal HST Micro
    It don't appear to be available in .22 short.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    It don't appear to be available in .22 short.
    If you run short on shorts, let me know, I got's some around here. Use em for vermin and such, two legged and 4 legged.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    The sane part of my brain is making the same argument.

With the hardware I have now, I'm already well-equipped for the zombie apocalypse anyway. And I've got just about every carry condition covered, too. Which really just leaves collecting and shooting...and if that ammo is expensive, the latter probably isn't an option anyway.

The crazy gun zealot part of my brain keeps telling me how much fun it would be to own that toy!
    I hate to stimulate the crazy part of your brain (and mine), but ammo for the Five Seven doesn't appear to be as expensive as it used to be, and is plentiful. In fact, it looks like it's generally much less than good .380 ammo:

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.7x28mm
    Last edited by gale155; 08-13-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    I hate to stimulate the crazy part of your brain (and mine), but ammo for the Five Seven doesn't appear to be as expensive as it used to be, and is plentiful. In fact, it looks like it's generally much less than good .380 ammo:

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.7x28mm
    Well Bosco, I'm going to do us both a big favor here. For all of these years I've been lusting for a Five Seven, I really haven't done a great deal of research on them. Lately, I have done quite a bit of research, and guess what? The Five Seven is a SAO hammer fired pistol. The hammer is fully enclosed under the slide, and I guess that's why I assumed it was striker fired. So, it's essentially a 1911 on which you can't see or manually manipulate the hammer. With such a light trigger pull, I think one would be crazy to use this thing for carry or home defense without the unconventionally-located safety being engaged. Therefore, it's been scratched off of my lust list...and I assume yours. You can thank me later.