Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: MK 9 guide rod

Default MK 9 guide rod

I purchased the Khar MK 9 all stainless steel pistol. I really like this pistol. The trigger is great and I like the weight of an all steel gun. This is not a cheap firearm. The quality is excellent but the cheap plastic guide rod ruins the look of the piece. It's like having a tailor made tuxedo and then wearing it with sneakers! You can order a stainless steel guide rod for $43 but come on guys when you spend that kind of money for an all steel firearm (except for the grips) you should get an all steel gun. $43 is a bit steep for a 3 inch piece of stainless steel rod with a flange on one end and a screw on cap on the other. Other than that it's a fantastic every day carry gun.

Totally get your stance.

However, although it is black and not stainless I suggest the Wolff guide rod set. It makes take-down easier and you don't have a chance of the end cap unscrewing like the original design. It's cheaper too. Since it's a different design I was able to wrap my mind around paying more to replace a guide rod that was technically working fine and I didn't have to ruin the original to replace the spring.

Thanks Lantern
    I didn't know that Wolff made a guide rod set for the Khar, I'll have to check it out. In the meantime I reverse engineered one from a 4 inch stainless steel bolt and it looks and works great. Only concern is the end cap working loose. If that happens red Locktite should solve that.

Interesting!!!