Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: P380 finally

Default P380 finally

Hi all
    Picked up a used P380 night sights 4 mags.
    Ran some speer, hornady, remmington and federal no problems.
    Wouldn't chamber fiocchi. Would not fit under extractor.
    May have to look into that.
    Now I have 3 kahrs.
    I was hesitant to get the 380 but the seller said it was good to go.
    The extended mag works also which is nice.
    So a good report on the 380.

Congratulations on the P380. I have had my P380 for 8 years and it is my constant companion, no matter whatever else i may be carrying. Don't worry about the fiocchi ammo, just work with what works in the pistol.

I finally had time to address the fact that European ammo won't work in my 380.
    Took a smidgen off three different parts in the extractor tunnel and ran some fiocchi and perfecta and some more american ammo no failures of any kind
    Learnt it searching right here.
    Thanks

That’s great! Congrats!

-Wlf

dont carry it unless you get a new striker. The one it comes with will guaranteed break before 500 trigger pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by charczard View Post
    dont carry it unless you get a new striker. The one it comes with will guaranteed break before 500 trigger pulls.
    Not true.

My CT380 striker functioned fine for 600 rounds and a couple hundred dry fires.

I did replace it with a Lakeline after that - just because.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Not true.

My CT380 striker functioned fine for 600 rounds and a couple hundred dry fires.

I did replace it with a Lakeline after that - just because.

I only said 500 because he said it was used with an unknown number of rounds through it. The point remains, for a gun you are planning on betting your life to the kahr striker is a piece that MUST be changed out. A broken striker takes you out of the fight completely, and worse yet, pulling out a gun that wont go bang is far more dangerous than doing nothing at all.

I cant say what exactly the average life span of a kahr 380 striker is. For me it was around 300. for others it may be 2000. Both of those numbers are drastically unacceptable for a carry piece. Kahr is going to get sued and lose big time some day because of this gun

I read your other post and now I understand why you’re saying this. Twice bitten would certainly sour me on the stock striker.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Congrats on your new baby!

I had a Kahr .380 that needed to go back in for service; I sold it because I never completely trusted it again.

A few months passed, and I missed the Kahr so much that I bought another. Same exact story.

A year or so passed, and because I am woefully stubborn--and because I loved the POTENTIAL of what a Kahr .380 could be--I bought my THIRD .380, this time a P380. Knock wood, other than choking on some longer, crappy range ammo (and the Underwood XD rounds), my P380 has been flawless. I currently carry it with either the Hornady Critical Defense rounds or the ARX ammo. I got the Lakeline striker and SS guide rod, and upgraded to the Magguts magazine internals.

It is probably the pistol I now carry the most, and in a Barsony leather IWB holster, it absolutely disappears, even when I'm wearing only sweats or gym shorts. As a matter of fact, I've even slept with it on my hip at times because we have coyotes in my wooded neighborhood and my puppy often needs to go out at night.

I've owned almost every .380 out there, and the Kahr's combination of awesome trigger, light weight, small profile, and real (night) sights is really hard to beat. The fact that it is joy to shoot for range training is a bonus.

The only downside is that the P380 makes me miss my (sold) PM9!

Best of luck with you new pistol!