Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion of the stock 2 dot sight on Kahrs??

I like the bar dot sights, as my old eyeballs can’t see sights that are not highlighted.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I prefer the night sights. They are bigger and easier to see. I have them on both of my Kahrs. A big dot front and no rear might be interesting to try.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I prefer the night sights. They are bigger and easier to see. I have them on both of my Kahrs. A big dot front and no rear might be interesting to try.
    I prefer two dots or one dot. I think you'd like the big dot front with blacked out rear if you decide to give it a whirl. Super fast due to the distraction of the rear being gone.

In my youth I was near sighted (20/80), so wore glasses all the time. Fast forward, now in my seventies, I see perfectly well at distance, but poorly up close. So, I have been shooting without glasses, as I normally don't wear glasses unless I'm reading, shopping, or at my computer. This puts the 2 dots on my CT380 out of focus with back sight worse out of focus than the front sight. In fact, I have been straining to even see the back dot. So halfway thru my third range trip, I stopped using the back dot altogether, and put the front dot between the black castle parapets of my rear sight and my grouping tightened up noticeably.

One of these trips, I'll shoot with my trifocals on as it is conceivable I may be wearing them during a SD incident.

Cynthia

I am 82 and have failing eyesight due to glaucoma damage, I find that the dot over the post sights on my CM9 help me a great deal for quick sighting.

I find the bar dot much faster for me.

I feel that the bar/dot and straight eight sight pictures are less confusing, faster, and more accurate than other iron sight types!

As always, YMMV
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

The Karhr sights are not my favorite.

I bought a P380, and continuously bemoaned the fact that it didn’t have 3-dot sights, and planned to switch to night sights as much to switch to 3-dot sights, as to be able to see them in dim light.

Fast-forward a couple years. I bought a CT380 with 3-dot combat sights, and thought I confirmed what I thought I already “knew”...that I was more accurate with 3-dot sights. REALLY?

Maybe a side-by-side test is needed...

Fast-forward again. My CT380 with 3-dot sights vs my P380 with bar-dot sights. 20rds @ 3yds, 20rds @ 7yds, & 10rds @ 15yds.

The results are attached. It turns out that I am more accurate with the P380, and they actually seem to be quicker to get back on target.

4A01C9C9-99EC-4F0D-ACC4-91BDC39C1FD6.jpg

-wlf

That's my experience with the two sight designs. Thanks for the pics! That's quite a statement considering the grip advantage of the ct! But, the CT sure is a looker. Makes me want an all metal version.