Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sight options for an new Elite MK9?

Default Sight options for an new Elite MK9?

Like everyone else, I'm always thinking about my next gun, and I believe that a new Elite MK9 is what I deserve for mostly living right and not screwing up too badly.

The last wrinkle to work out is sight options. It looks as if my factory options for an Elite MK9 are:

1. Standard sights (bar/dot) front & rear. I like this sight picture for the ranges I shoot (30 feet or less): $991 MSRP. Honestly, the MK9 would not be a regular carry gun. I would mostly wear it OWB around the house and shoot it a lot at the range. For these situations, the standard sights would work fine.

2. Night sights (3 dot) front & rear. I have this setup on other guns and it works fine, and the voice in the back of my head says: "You should always have nights sights on a pistol, or else you will die!": $1115 MSRP.

That's $124 difference between standard and night sights. I can buy the night sights for $80 from kahrshop, so it stings a bit to pay $44 more to have them installed, since I'm used to getting free installation of night sights on new guns.

Are there any other reasonably-priced options? For example, I really like to run a tritium front dot (like a Big Dot), with a standard rear - I have 4 Glocks set up that way, but so far I've only found the front & rear XS sights or Trijicon sights sold as a set, and not just a separate front, which should cost $50 or so. I'd hate to buy a tritium front & rear when I only really want the front (it's easy to find separate sights for Glocks).

Anyone faced this same dilemma or have a possible solution?

Now that I've dropped the FN Five-Seven from my lust list, an MK9 Elite has advanced to the #1 position. Given the going price for these things, I figure another $100 or so for night sights ain't gonna matter.

If Sig would offer a P365 in two-tone, that would move to the top of my list; however, who knows when (or even if) that will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lantern View Post

Thanks! Yes, it's both front & rear, but the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    If Sig would offer a P365 in two-tone, that would move to the top of my list; however, who knows when (or even if) that will ever happen.
    You can get that done right now by Sig - supposedly for a reasonable charge.

p3652.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HeartachesNhangovers View Post
    Thanks! Yes, it's both front & rear, but the price is right.
    Those particular rear sights are supposed to fade away in the daytime and show up at night. Pretty decent combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post

p3652.jpg
    I've abrasive blasted Nitron. If you already have a SIG stainless steel slide coated with it, the black is not particularly difficult to remove.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I've abrasive blasted Nitron. If you already have a SIG stainless steel slide coated with it, the black is not particularly difficult to remove.

Regards,
    Greg
    You did a great job. I likey!
    Durn it! Now that yall have shown me the MK sights I’m gonna have to loosen my purse strings!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Thanks. The Sig Custom Shop will do it for $69.95, plus whatever shipping might be.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

Regards,
    Greg
    Looks great!