Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone capable of modding a magazine?

Your an engineering/Technology teacher and your asking us a bunch of armchair gunsmiths (except Greg of course) to make a floor plate.

I feel like I been sharked.

I was just out looking at my PM45 magazine. Fiddled with a couple 1911 base plates etc to see if anything was close to modifiable, alas I put it back together for more pondering and consultation.

Greg does bring up a good point with the thought of being able to use other materials. Even wood, I can do wood but I don't think I'm going there.

Does bring up more possibilities though. Back to the drawing board. I got one of them.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Your an engineering/Technology teacher and your asking us a bunch of armchair gunsmiths (except Greg of course) to make a floor plate.

I feel like I been sharked.

I was just out looking at my PM45 magazine. Fiddled with a couple 1911 base plates etc to see if anything was close to modifiable, alas I put it back together for more pondering and consultation.

Greg does bring up a good point with the thought of being able to use other materials. Even wood, I can do wood but I don't think I'm going there.

Does bring up more possibilities though. Back to the drawing board. I got one of them.
    Haha! I don't know about being sharked but I was hoping someone on here already had a "method" I could follow. I was a mechanic and a machinist for 20 years until my body said it wasn't hanging over an engine anyone so I decided to teach. To be honest I didn't even think about using my 3D printer to print base plates with and I love that idea.

Here are a few more angles:

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Beautiful job. Did that mod change the round count of the magazine?
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

PJ4553,

You did an incredible job! I love it!

-wlf

The tupperware baseplate frankly never bothered me none...................until now.

At least Greg didn't instigate this burning desire, he's usually the one that starts me on wants and must haves.

I guess I'll be looking into this further.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Beautiful job. Did that mod change the round count of the magazine?
    The first go around I left the spring stock and I could get the 5th round in (very tight) but you had to work to get the clip to seat, with 4 rounds the clip seated like factory. I then cut rounds off the spring and though tight, it allows the 5th round and clip to seat like factory. I only load 4 in the clip and one in the camber when I CC.