Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Range reports, 1st 3 trips, new CT380

Default Range reports, 1st 3 trips, new CT380

Somewhat a repeat from my newbie thread, but the important info is brought together here.

First time shooting, after a gun cleaning, was a beginning marksmanship class, and failure to feed was terrible. Shot 37 rounds and a third to a half were failure to feed. No ejection problems, but gun failed to open on an empty mag/chamber a few times. Ammo used was 3 brands of FMJ, Remington UMC, Armscore, and American Eagle All gave problems. All jams were cleared by ejecting the round.

Second trip to range. I have my 200 rounds in now. I started shooting today with a full box of Blazer Brass and the first 2 8rnd mags were flawless. Quite shocking after the previous experience. Out of a box of 50, I only had one failure to feed, and hitting the back of the slide fixed it. The remainder of the box of American Eagle, about 2/3rds full, had only one similar failure to feed. The remaining 2/3rds of the Remington UMC box had 8 failures to feed, but the remainder of the Armscor 2/3rds box, the cheapest ammo I bought, was terrible, maybe 40% failure to feed, and some of those were bad enough you could not hit the back of the slide to make the shell seat, but I had to eject the shell. Also 1 misfire in the Armscor. So, I'll stick with Blazer Brass and American Eagle for target practice.

Third trip to range. Shot 34 rounds of Blazer Brass flawlessly. Shot 50 rounds of Ventura ARX (Ruger stamped), and 2 rounds failed to feed. One loaded halfway and another loaded 80% of the way, but neither would complete the loading with a hard tap to the back of the slide, and I had to ejected them. Looks like I'm going to have to shoot up the entire 250 rounds before I'll feel comfortable using this stuff for defensive carry. One failure was using a standard mag, and one was using a magguts converted mag.

Cynthia

Cynthia, sounds like things are improving considerable and you'll just need to sort out what carry ammo it likes.
    It should continue to improve and after more rounds some of those that balk now may work.
    Especially early on Kahrs like a full power load. Some of those might be on the weak side. I have zero experience with Armscore, as mentioned in another thread, that's one brand I'd roll right by without looking, mostly cause I never heard of it.

Hoping things continue to get better and it becomes 100 percent reliable for you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

While it does sound like things are improving the pistol should perform better than that.

For some reason my CT380 did not need a break in - it performed flawlessly from round 1. FMJ has included PPU, Blazer, Armscor and PMC.

Lehigh Xtreme Defense and Penetrator (newer version) cycle perfectly and Inceptor ARX cycles fine. Black Hills Honey Badger had one failure out of 20 (this round has a square nose like Lehigh but is longer).

I have 505 rounds through it now.

I say all this because it just seems like something is off with your CT380. Maybe the extractor?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.