Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New car for Wifey.

Default looks like a good deal

confirmed its an 06, one owner, new head gaskets at around 45k mi.,new radiator about three yrs. ago, new(ish) tires w` about 10k., new state safety & emissions inspection (til 9/19) .
    140+k. mi.
    gonna need a new battery
    only known problem is the ac works... sometimes... can live with that as its meant to be back up to primary
    good enough for a poor bloke like me.
    will finalize early next week
    In memory of great-grammy; never understood a word she yelled in polish, but we all knew what she meant.

We still only have about 92 miles on the car! Wifey sat in it today and I showed her the light controls and the front and rear wiper controls. Tried the voice control thingy, but she want nothing to do with that.

I got the rest of the things, almost all I wanted, installed yesterday... rear compartment cover, side moldings( I already added clear door edge guards), front lower bumper protector, and fog lights. I added about $1k of options at the dealership.

Maybe Wifey will drive it this week. I have a feeling that I'll borrow it a lot when she's staying home... which may be less often with the new ride. I just love how it wants to zip around... so much easier than my V-8 powered van.

Our street is torn up on our side for drain and curb installation and yesterday I got to go "offroad" to get around our torn up driveway and the large digging equipment in the way. It's nice to have the clearance to drive off the sloped front yard.

They filled in the holes with sand so we can get in and out.

The construction crew works from about 9am to 4pm, and not won weekends, I guess. I don't know how things will get when they start pouring concrete.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Wyn, hoping the wifey is getting to like her new buggy, but not so much that she wont let ya "borrow" it occasionally!
    In memory of great-grammy; never understood a word she yelled in polish, but we all knew what she meant.