Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any SCCY love?

I have my own personal opinions about SCCY (formerly SKKY until they got sued over the use of the name). They should have been sued over copyright infringement over the Kel-Tec P11 ... but George Kelgren (Kel-Tec) apparently didn't copyright his pistol. Actually the same type incident occurred concerning the Ruger LCP (known by KT fans as the "Little Copy Pistol") and it's mysterious similarity (near perfect copy) to the Kel-Tec P3AT. I've always been, and still am a fan of Ruger revolvers ... they should stayed out of the plastic-fantastic market.

Just the mention of Kel-Tec oughta' rouse Jocko

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Well Kel Tec and a cute sheep would bring him out sure thing.

Went to the local fair this last week, going through the sheep barn, all I could think of was Jocko...................
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Many may be critical of Kel Tec (I've never owned one), but one thing that shouldn't be criticized is their customer service. A member here carried a P32 for many years as a backup, and fired it a lot. He eventually wore it out, and sent it off to Kel Tec for repair. What did Kel Tec CS do? Sent him a brand-new P32 totally free-of-charge.

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    Many may be critical of Kel Tec (I've never owned one), but one thing that shouldn't be criticized is their customer service. A member here carried a P32 for many years as a backup, and fired it a lot. He eventually wore it out, and sent it off to Kel Tec for repair. What did Kel Tec CS do? Sent him a brand-new P32 totally free-of-charge.
    Yup, that would be me. They also sent me a check to cover the firearm transfer fee!

Which is why I also bought a P3AT and a Sub 2000 carbine configured in Glock .40. KTs may not be pretty, but they surely do work, and the CS surely rocks.

Of the 6 (or more?) KT firearms I've owned, a P32 is now the only one left. I really would like to have my old P11 and S2k back as both were very reliable and pretty accurate shooters. I think I traded the P11 to get the P32 (for the wife) since I had other 9mm pistols available, and traded the S2K for something else. The old S2k was a good shooter (more accurate than my later Beretta Storm CX4), but wasn't really "useful" for my needs/wants. The P3AT's were just "o.k.", but I never could acquire a taste for the .380 acp. The PF9's were good for the price, but they went down the trail in favor of the CW9.

I originally got into the Kel-Tec stuff in 2005 and really followed the brand closely. That's what formed my opinions concerning everything "SCCY" (SKKY) and the "LCP". I've since learned to NOT be brand loyal, especially considering today's sorry state of corporate management.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    That statement paints quite a picture right there, a nice one by the way, and it has nothing to do with firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    What are you disagreeing with? As I said there are small, double stack pistols available. I just said that I, personally, didn't want the larger size or the weight of the extra ammo. Yes, I have seen and even shot the SIG at my LGS. I am a SIG fan, [I have three] and if I wanted a double stack, 9mm that probably the one I would buy. However, that not what I want. It is also not the niche that Kahr has created for itself for the last 25 years.

You said you see no need for Kahr to produce a double stack pistol. I contend that if Kahr looks at the market,and the stellar sales of the P365, that there is a need indeed.

More sales are good, and producing a P365 competitor would only be good for raising Kahr's profile.

There usually are stellar sales at the beginning of a firearm release...……...it will calm down and join the ranks, just like all of the other firearms produced. Some will purchase just because it says Sig on the side. Some like the double stack thing, some have to have what ever comes out new, etc. Apparently, Kahr doesn't want or have the need to start new projects. It must be very difficult to keep coming up with new firearm ideas. They just work with what they have. I can't believe that there are still people out there, firearms owners who are still not familiar with the Kahr brand.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    There usually are stellar sales at the beginning of a firearm release...……...it will calm down and join the ranks, just like all of the other firearms produced. Some will purchase just because it says Sig on the side. Some like the double stack thing, some have to have what ever comes out new, etc. Apparently, Kahr doesn't want or have the need to start new projects. It must be very difficult to keep coming up with new firearm ideas. They just work with what they have. I can't believe that there are still people out there, firearms owners who are still not familiar with the Kahr brand.
    Personally, I feel the same way about the Seecamp brand...I've shown mine to quite a few current and retired police officers, and most had never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    The P365 is unique in the market right now. I've handled one and the size is pretty impressive. It has the capacity of a G26 in a package the size of a CM9. If I was looking for my first concealed carry pistol, choosing the P365 is a no-brainer. Smaller than a G43 for just about the same money with 4 more rounds in the magazine? Yes, please.

It will be a while before I add one---if ever---because I have the carry thing covered with Kahrs and my G26. The G26 has the added benefit of allowing me to carry a G19 or G17 magazine as a spare. I have carried a 33 round stick mag as a spare on occasion.

But if I was brand new to carrying and I had my choice of the P365, the G43, or the CM9/PM9, and I could afford it---the P365 is the clear winner. Having more capacity in a comparable package is a winner. I guarantee you the market will see competitors to it in the next year or so....