So I took 2 of my K9’s to the range today. The accuracy difference between the two was shocking to me. My EDC (Aug 2014 build) K9 will put 5 rounds in one hole at 7yds. My new to me older K9 (not sure the build date, but serial number starts with ARxxx) had a significantly larger spread along with shooting high. I switched barrels and the differences tracked with the barrel change. There were also consistent first-round flyers with EITHER pistol. NO, those weren't operator error, although I admit that is typically the first thing to look for. Those were the FIRST rounds of five round strings, it occurred across both pistols and I can make it happen (or not) depending on how I chamber a round from a fresh mag. Using the slide stop resulted in the first round always going left. Pulling the slide ALL the way back and letting it fall consistently resulted in the first rounds going where they were intended.

Interesting results to say the least. I’ve ran my EDC K9 through countless IDPA matches as well as through a few 2 or 3 day training courses. It’s always preformed great. The first round flyer was a new discovery and interesting in and of itself. I was pretty disappointed with this older one. Bought it because it had the old dovetails and was thinking of milling the slide for a RDS. Now it looks like I need to put a new barrel in it first. I've got 3 K9's, a T9, MK9 and a PM9. All shoot one hole groups except for this old K9. She may just be wore out...

I took photos of the target, intending to post them to this thread, but apparently I don't have permission to post attachments... Bummer...