Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: 70 yrs. Of hunting in pa.

Default 70 yrs. Of hunting in pa.

In 1947, my maternal grandparents had a good year with their small construction business so my grandfather decided to reward his men with a deer hunting trip. He somehow found a spot near Genesee Pa. (no relation to the beer) and rented a barn to stay in, they didn`t harvest any that time, but they liked the adventure so much they went back the next season and got three nice eight pointers, gramdpop`s (in the center), his oldest son, and my father.
    After a few years of hunting they got a half dozen guys together and bought a small shack on a small lot through a sheriff (tax) sale and over time cobbled together our hunting cabin.
    Years later, my dad, suffering with a bout of gout and not able to walk very far or fast was determined to get out for a couple of hours at least, went up an old logging trail to a hedge row between two fields up a gently sloping hill, as he`s slowly making way up to the woodline up jumps a nine pointer,( an extra brow tine on his left antler) he puts it down with his 270 with one shot (on the right).
    And then there’s mine. In `16, I`m setting near the top of a hill during archery season and I see up the hill, about 25 yards away, a nice 8 pointer, one shot from my Horton crossbow... and after only forty two years I finally got a wall hanger.
    Thats me story an` i`m stickin` to it. Oh, and the little one behind the big one is the first one i got with a bow(not legal anymore, rules changed).

5.jpg3.jpg6.jpg4.jpg
    In memory of great-grammy; never understood a word she yelled in polish, but we all knew what she meant.

Very cool, nice memories for you too.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I can relate. I grew up in PA deer huntin' country back in them days.
    NRA Benefactor

That right there is what hunting is all about.

Yes I am a rack man. That's a nice wall. I never did get a wall hanger, doubt it'll happen now but sure had a lot of fun looking.

I did hang a mountain goat I got with a bow. Still a pretty cool thing after all these years too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

I did hang a mountain goat I got with a bow. Still a pretty cool thing after all these years too.
    That is cool.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Nice deer!

A mountain goat with a bow! very cool indeed
    Forgot to mention dad`s big boy got an honorable mention from coudersport`s big buck contest
    Last edited by Buzzard45; 09-12-2018 at 10:56 AM. Reason: forgetfullness
    In memory of great-grammy; never understood a word she yelled in polish, but we all knew what she meant.