Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights

Thread: Pm9 frame shavings

Default Pm9 frame shavings

Just got my pm9. Love it! Ran couple hundred rounds of target ammo (fmj 115gr. ) through it without a hitch. My only question is I noticed some frame shavings when I cleaned the gun. Is this normal? Seams to me Kahr could have done a better job of cleaning up the sharp edges on the slide and triming the mold excesss on the frame.

Welcome. That’s normal and stops after a few range trips. Just trim the loose edges and you’ll be good to go. Yeah they could smooth out those polymer edges especially on the pm9 you’d think.

Glad to hear your PM9 ran good. I have the CM9 and it’s been flawless.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

PM9 for me. No worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. That is reassuring. I cleaned it up and it did not produce much this time out.

My CM9's frame was very poorly finished from the factory. I trimmed up the obvious stuff but I then put a thin coat of Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish on the metal rails and the polymer "rails" and proceeded to rack the slide a few hundred times.

That smoothed things out and I didn't have a single malfunction. As a matter of fact, the only way I've managed to get it to malfunction is to fire it one handed with my weak hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    My CM9's frame was very poorly finished from the factory. I trimmed up the obvious stuff but I then put a thin coat of Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish on the metal rails and the polymer "rails" and proceeded to rack the slide a few hundred times.

That smoothed things out and I didn't have a single malfunction. As a matter of fact, the only way I've managed to get it to malfunction is to fire it one handed with my weak hand.
    Ya my slide was razor sharp. I eased the edges a bit. Love the gun but for $600 bucks I would have liked it detailed a little more. Thanks for the info.