Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range time with the T9 yesterday

Default Range time with the T9 yesterday

I've had my T9 for a couple of months now, and I have been able to get to the range more than usual lately. I've put about 500 rounds through it since, and I cannot stress how much I like this pistol. It has never malfunctioned on a diet of WWB and Remington bulk ammo. Not once. It is an absolute pleasure to shoot. The trigger is the best of any of my Kahrs---and I own Kahrs from all three lines. The accuracy is stellar---even though my night sights are dead and are kind of difficult to see. This is the first group I fired yesterday---8 rounds at 10 yards and six of them went into a single hole. It took me about a year of watching GunBroker before I found one for a good price---and I got mine for a very good price.

Once I either get my Trijicons re-lamped or mount some bright fiber optic Dawson Precisions on it, I believe it will be perfect. I like it so much that it's my go-to for range time. I have to force myself to bring my other pistols out for practice time. But I figure the beauty of all Kahrs having the same trigger is range time with a T9 translates directly to proficiency with my MK9/CM9/K9/CW380.

If you are ever in a position to buy a T9---do it. I just wish Kahr made a T45!

If I sent a gun company my hand and said “Build a gun to fit that perfectly...”

I would get a T9 back....

Nice shooting.

Nice shooting! I switched all of my Kahrs to polymers... like the lighter weight for carry... P-size for me... perfect. The K9 was the most perfect gun I ever held but I replaced it with a P-9... 8 ounces lighter... and added the 4" ported barrel to it and my P40... a little more barrel and some recoil reduction, though not as needed on the P9.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Nice report and nice shooting MMyers1970!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Nice report and nice shooting MMyers1970!
    Thanks. I am very happy I found this T9. Nicest and most accurate pistol I've ever owned.

Excellent!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Nice shooting! I switched all of my Kahrs to polymers... like the lighter weight for carry... P-size for me... perfect. The K9 was the most perfect gun I ever held but I replaced it with a P-9... 8 ounces lighter... and added the 4" ported barrel to it and my P40... a little more barrel and some recoil reduction, though not as needed on the P9.
    I am at the point where I carry my CM9 most of the time but train with my K9, MK9, or T9. They are easier and less fatiguing to shoot, which lets me get more trigger time, and since the manual of arms is identical, the training transfers to my carry pistol.

Plus, I really enjoy shooting the steel guns.

Y'all are really making me want one.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Y'all are really making me want one.

All I can tell you is watch GunBroker, Armslist, used gun sections of your gun store, and pawn shops. Took me a year to find mine. It's the nicest pistol I've ever owned, and I've owned SIG and HK.

For a range gun, the FO Dawson sights will be fine. (There's a posting of mine on here with images of those, if you need it.)

Nice shooting, by the way! I love my T9 as well, and it too has the best trigger of all my Kahrs.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH