CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: CM9 take up normal?

Default CM9 take up normal?

I have both a CM9 and a CW9 and both have been stellar. Not a problem with either one. The CM9 gets carried when a little more "discreetness" is needed. Function wise the two are identical with one difference: trigger take up.

The trigger on the CW9 has zero take up. It starts immediately activating the action when the trigger is pulled. The CM9, on the other hand, has significant take up (trigger travel of about 3/16ths of an inch) before hitting the wall to start the action.

Is this normal? Is there a fix for it?

What do you mean by "activate?" All Kahr pistols have a normal take up before engaging the cam..

Quote Originally Posted by linksrds View Post
    What do you mean by "activate?" All Kahr pistols have a normal take up before engaging the cam..
    The trigger travel on my CW9 is virtually nonexistent before engaging the cam whereas the CM9 has significant take up before the engagement.

Maybe it's the CW9 that is an anomaly?

Quote Originally Posted by Pukindog12 View Post
    I have both a CM9 and a CW9 and both have been stellar. Not a problem with either one. The CM9 gets carried when a little more "discreetness" is needed. Function wise the two are identical with one difference: trigger take up.

The trigger on the CW9 has zero take up. It starts immediately activating the action when the trigger is pulled. The CM9, on the other hand, has significant take up (trigger travel of about 3/16ths of an inch) before hitting the wall to start the action.

Is this normal? Is there a fix for it?
    I just checked my CW45, CW9, P380, and P40 Covert. The CW9, P380, and P40C have "take up" near what you describe your CM9 having. The CW45 is closer to your CW9 with very minimal movement before you notice an increase in resistance. They all work fine as they are, so I'm going to call it normal to find some variance.

I'd guess you could throw parts at them to adjust the "take up" in either direction, but it's just not worth the effort or cost to me.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I agree with Greg.