Xssights   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Bureaucrats

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,343

    Default

    Well I finally got my carry permit today, only took 3 months and 4 trips to the County Courthouse to get the friggin thing....I see this thread morphed into a football thread as sometimes happens around here and that's alright except that I'm a life long Atlanta Falcons fan and this year their defense has been so bad that Lieutenant Dan could easily roll for 10 or 15 yards a carry right up the middle.....This week they go to Pittsburgh and play the Steelers and their ref's...The Falcons came in the league in 1966 and have never won at Pittsburgh, how is that even possible?
    An armed society is a polite society....Robert A. Heinlein

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".... Thomas Jefferson

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Round Rock, Texas
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Congratulations, but it really is sad so many of us have to get permission from the government to defend ourselves.
    "My God, Woodrow. It has been quite a party, ain't it?"

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wet & Wild Pacific NW
    Posts
    27,974

    Default

    I nearly pulled the plug on my 21 year LE career yesterday. An officer bought a gun while at a training session out of state.
    Had it sent to a Sgt with another agency that is an FFL. He wanted to get a CPL so he didn't have to wait. Here cops used to be able to use their commission card like a CPL but they took that away. Cops shouldn't have to wait.
    Anyhow he asked me how long it took to get a CPL. I said I can do the background check in 15 minutes, we'll have it in an hour.
    My immense leader crashed the Hindenberg on my party by insisting that we had to wait till a mental health check returned.
    A cop worked for us for 10 years or more, had a mental check when hired, I've never received a denial and they take at minimum of a week.
    I just about tossed the shield on her desk, haven't been that ticked off since last well Monday. I think I'm ready to hang it up anyhow.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

    RIP Muggsy & TMan

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Well I finally got my carry permit today, only took 3 months and 4 trips to the County Courthouse to get the friggin thing....I see this thread morphed into a football thread as sometimes happens around here and that's alright except that I'm a life long Atlanta Falcons fan and this year their defense has been so bad that Lieutenant Dan could easily roll for 10 or 15 yards a carry right up the middle.....This week they go to Pittsburgh and play the Steelers and their ref's...The Falcons came in the league in 1966 and have never won at Pittsburgh, how is that even possible?
    There's always a first time, and this may be the week. I think karma is catching up with the Steelers, or maybe Big Ben is just getting old and losing his touch.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    WOW...…….lot's of Steeler haters. Ref's or no ref's, when you play the Steeler's, you have to punch them in the mouth. They have always been a tough aggressive team...……...the Falcon's not so much. If you're not ready for a dogfight, they will beat you. Went through that with the GB Packers. Tough to beat at Lambeau field forever, until teams figured out that all you have to do is beat them up, and they fold like a wet towel.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I nearly pulled the plug on my 21 year LE career yesterday. An officer bought a gun while at a training session out of state.
    Had it sent to a Sgt with another agency that is an FFL. He wanted to get a CPL so he didn't have to wait. Here cops used to be able to use their commission card like a CPL but they took that away. Cops shouldn't have to wait.
    Anyhow he asked me how long it took to get a CPL. I said I can do the background check in 15 minutes, we'll have it in an hour.
    My immense leader crashed the Hindenberg on my party by insisting that we had to wait till a mental health check returned.
    A cop worked for us for 10 years or more, had a mental check when hired, I've never received a denial and they take at minimum of a week.
    I just about tossed the shield on her desk, haven't been that ticked off since last well Monday. I think I'm ready to hang it up anyhow.
    That from your immense leader is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

    Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wet & Wild Pacific NW
    Posts
    27,974

    Default

    Stupid becomes almost normal after 21 years of stupidity.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

    RIP Muggsy & TMan

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I nearly pulled the plug on my 21 year LE career yesterday. An officer bought a gun while at a training session out of state.
    Had it sent to a Sgt with another agency that is an FFL. He wanted to get a CPL so he didn't have to wait. Here cops used to be able to use their commission card like a CPL but they took that away. Cops shouldn't have to wait.
    Anyhow he asked me how long it took to get a CPL. I said I can do the background check in 15 minutes, we'll have it in an hour.
    My immense leader crashed the Hindenberg on my party by insisting that we had to wait till a mental health check returned.
    A cop worked for us for 10 years or more, had a mental check when hired, I've never received a denial and they take at minimum of a week.
    I just about tossed the shield on her desk, haven't been that ticked off since last well Monday. I think I'm ready to hang it up anyhow.
    If you're thinking about fully retiring, let me know and I'll give you some advice based on my recent experiences. Otherwise, give it some serious thought before pulling the plug with that many years under your belt.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wet & Wild Pacific NW
    Posts
    27,974

    Default

    Sent a PM. I guess fully retiring isn't the right word. I'd still work my 3rd job over at Tractor supply, maybe a little more often.
    And still make fishing lures for Dick Nite. So I won't be in the recliner full time.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

    RIP Muggsy & TMan

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Sent a PM. I guess fully retiring isn't the right word. I'd still work my 3rd job over at Tractor supply, maybe a little more often.
    And still make fishing lures for Dick Nite. So I won't be in the recliner full time.
    Reply sent. Retirement is good in some ways, but not so good in others...at least in my opinion. Having something to keep you busy, and out of that recliner will be a very good thing, IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace