CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Addition To The Roster

I have one full size, nickle plated 1911 in 38 Super, great round. I have some Corbon rounds that exceed .357 magnum ballistics, out of a full size 1911 it is easy peasy. I'm sure a 4" handles the recoil well also.
    I'm not a reloader, so my only complaint is the cost of ammo.
    NRA Benefactor

Never did own a 38 super, always wanted to though. I best not think on it much just now, too many wants in the fire.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ah---so many purty guns---so little time............ Use guys are tearrin me up. But I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Never did own a 38 super, always wanted to though. I best not think on it much just now, too many wants in the fire.
    I had one for a few years. Bought it mid-late 70's. Sold it circa late 1980 and never much missed it. I understand the "need" and attraction for it back then, but don't in today's universe. Imo, you're not missin' much. But then, I'm not an apreciator of the .41 mag, neither.
    NRA Benefactor

Hey, you gotta love the 41mag. I decided to buy one for carry...

Because you never know when you'll need to kill a Buick.

23oz, but sized like a K frame snub nose. I have a box of HSM "Bear load". It's a 230grn flat point, gas checked, hard cast round at almost 1200fps...

To steal a line from another source " That's enough kick to make you wonder if the bear would hurt less..."

I figure that one box is a lifetime supply... and no, I have not range sampled that particular load yet.

Peace
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Going back to the OG post, I do love this S&W 360PD. A scandium J frame is soooo light and easy to carry. I found this version at recent gun show. It is just like a 340, but with a stainless cylinder in 38sp. They are an "overrun of guns built for a Japanese security force" for whatever that means. I put an XS big dot on it the next week (XS is about 15min from my house) and I just love it. laid down four 100 dollar bills and got back enough change for a happy meal after show...

The other pretty thing is the wife's Bel Air Kimber. She love, love. loves that little thing. I loaded her mag with Winchester target load and handed it to her. She could load/rack/make safe the little gun with ease. She racks my P380, eventually, after a fair fight...
    I ran her a fresh target out to seven yards and said "have at it". She pulled the gun up from ready and gave the target three quick rounds. Then she paused, grinned at me and went back to emptying the mag. I noted that the first three rounds she fired where three tens with one "X".

Yup its a keeper.

And yes, that was a very expensive day at the gun show.

Peace
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Well I managed to pay the ransom and get the hostage released. I got this from a coworker Sgt, it belonged to his father in law who I met a few times, great guy, sadly crossed the river a few years back. He decided to thin the herd a bit and wanted the right home for it. Namely mine.
    I'm kind of tickled, I'm not fond of the word Rare, used to drive up prices on everything but while you see many of the military version, you don't see many of the commercial ones like this. A HI Standard Supermatic Trophy.
    It's near mint except a spot on the trigger guard where he stored it against metal and replacement grips after one side cracked.
    Still a beauty in my book and I'm glad it lives with me.

The little boo boo on the trigger guard, apparently he stored it against metal apparently not to carefully.
    Think I can dress it up a bit.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That's a nice gun. They always have been and are well worth it as keepers. I did not know they had ported barrels.
    NRA Benefactor

It's not really ported. I'm not sure what the purpose of that angled hole is unless it's something to do with barrel weights or something.

I'd like to find one of the fluted tapered target barrels for it, guess they will fit on there fine but not many around and probably not cheap neither.

Anxious to shoot this one, I suspect it's a tack driver like my Smith 41. It makes me look good even on bad days.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It's not really ported. I'm not sure what the purpose of that angled hole is unless it's something to do with barrel weights or something.

I'd like to find one of the fluted tapered target barrels for it, guess they will fit on there fine but not many around and probably not cheap neither.

Anxious to shoot this one, I suspect it's a tack driver like my Smith 41. It makes me look good even on bad days.
    Those holes are used to attach a stabilizer/muzzle brake. Congrats on acquiring a fine American pistol Bawanna!
    Regards,
    Greg

https://picclick.com/High-Standard-M...653629717.html
    http://hscollectorsblog.blogspot.com...lant-grip.html
    The brakes that are held on by screws look cool on the gun and have some effect on muzzle control, but they are a pain to clean and most often damage the finish on the barrel.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>