Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Another new addition to the roster...

Default Another new addition to the roster...

New addition to the roster, for my wife. Another “bucket list” gun. That is, a gun that my wife can load, rack, shoot, and break down, comfortably. The S&W M&P Shield 380EZ has filled that roster spot very well. We tried to fill that spot with a CT9, and then a CT380. I love those two guns, and shoot them both very well. She did not.

I can rack the 380EZ slide using my thumb and pinkie. I can also rack it by laying my wrist over the top of the slide and pulling back. It’s not small, but not huge, either, considering it is the same size as a “Baby Glock” G26 with a G19 grip. So, it is also roughly the same size as my Kahr CT9. It has a grip safety, but my wife opted for the non-thumb-safety version, since nothing I own has a thumb safety. It shoots very well, with very little recoil. The (1950, I believe) Combat Masterpiece in the comparison photo was carried by my grandfather as a cop (He remembered paying $50 for it.), and is the (68 year old) gun my wife used to qualify for her license to carry.

-wlf
    Attached Images Attached Images