Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace

Thread: Browning Buckmark 3D printed front sight

Default Browning Buckmark 3D printed front sight

3 years ago I really injured my shooting hand and took over a year before I could shoot any center fire so I got into 22's and that still took 6 months to do that. So anyway got a good deal on a Browning Buckmark, like the feel of it but always hated the fiber optic front sight for target shooting. Thing is it’s very hard to find anything but a fiber optic front sight for the Buckmark. So the other day thought I’d try 3D printing a front sight for it, yeah I know it’s plastic but a lot are for a 22. Took me a few tries to get the dot size right but now it looks the way I want. Live a little learn a lot.

IMG_0072.jpgIMG_0073.jpgIMG_0075.jpgIMG_0077.jpg
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

I think I know but to be clear you made that from the barrel up right? The fiber optic was one piece as is the new one.
    I'm amazed that you can get those serrations into the sight ramp.

For target guns I have no issue with plastic myself, carry guns and certainly duty guns, not so much.

Well done as usual Harry. You sure got a lot more upstairs than I do, that's for sure. I have a headache just thinking about 3d printing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I always have a headache, if it doesn’t hurt you didn’t use enough. But just took a picture of it in the CAD but you need to start with the diameter of the barrel and work up, yeah I’m a little nutty.

IMG_0079.jpg
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Nice work Harrylee! That's quite a capability to have.

I use the Buckmark Camper plastic front sight for plinking and paper punching. It's seems well made and I've not had any issues with them. What I like, in particular, is that the finish doesn't wear off.
    I have them on a couple of BMs and a couple of Ruger 22/45s

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Wow! Nice work on that sight! Wish I had the gumption, the skill, the money, the....
    Nice collection of .22’s there Greg. I have a .22 lovin’ pal who would be drooling!