Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Strange P380 Problem--Dead Trigger

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near the Gila Mountains in SW AZ.
    Posts
    4,650

    Default

    Good to read that your P360 is back up to speed
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Good to read that your P360 is back up to speed
    It lost a few points for being a PITA? Or is that just a typo?
    27 years in a Federal Penitentiary
    6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near the Gila Mountains in SW AZ.
    Posts
    4,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    It lost a few points for being a PITA? Or is that just a typo?
    Typo
    Last edited by gb6491; 10-29-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wet & Wild Pacific NW
    Posts
    27,968

    Default

    Ha ha, where did you find my picture? I thought that was all behind me.

    Your mean Bob, I saw it but wasn't gonna raise the red flag. Guess all that time in the corner softened me up.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

    RIP Muggsy & TMan

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Your mean Bob, I saw it but wasn't gonna raise the red flag. Guess all that time in the corner softened me up.
    Not mean....just stupid....LOL.
    27 years in a Federal Penitentiary
    6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphonso View Post
    My repaired Kahr P380 worked perfectly yesterday at the Fawn's Butt Rifle range.

    I only had about 45 rounds to fire, but they all went boom (especially the one where I forgot to put my ears on. My left ear is still ringing 24 hours later).

    Damn...
    I'm quoting myself here. Apparently I spoke too soon. Fired four mags yesterday and had 5 (count 'em five) failures to eject, and one failure to feed.

    This little pistol has never had a FTE or FTE before. Kahr says it polished the extractor.

    Opinions please on whether such a polishing could cause FTF or FTE in a pistol that never had either before.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    La Habra, California
    Posts
    61

    Default

    My P380 has a freakishly tight extractor. It functions satisfactorily, but if it started choking, the extractor is the first thing I would adjust.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
    My P380 has a freakishly tight extractor. It functions satisfactorily, but if it started choking, the extractor is the first thing I would adjust.
    Can you please tell me or point me to a thread where I would learn how to adjust an extractor?

    Thanks.

    I am handy with tools and can follow simple instructions...

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphonso View Post
    Can you please tell me or point me to a thread where I would learn how to adjust an extractor?

    Thanks.

    I am handy with tools and can follow simple instructions...
    Sure! The sticky in this particular forum about correcting FTB, the post in this forum titled “CW380 Extractor”, and this one http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...80-first-shots
    Kahr P380
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 *EDC
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

    Topgun1953 not because I shoot well but because I fly for fun, too.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    Sure! The sticky in this particular forum about correcting FTB, the post in this forum titled “CW380 Extractor”, and this one http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...80-first-shots
    Thanks for this. I will study it.

    I spoke to Kahr tech support this morning they are going to send me a new extractor.

    On close inspection I can tell that someone at Kahr put some sort of abrasive tool on my extractor. It is a little scuffed up, and it looks like it was done freehand.

    I don't know why Kahr did this, this little pistol had never had a extraction problem in the past and I did not report it as a problem in my description to Kahr.

    I'll try the new extractor first, and if that doesn't work I'll break out the crocus cloth.

    In the mean time y'all might want to buy some Remington stock. I expect to bump up their forth quarter profits by buying a bunch of 100 round value packs of .380 at Walmart...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters