CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Strange P380 Problem--Dead Trigger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alphonso View Post

I'm still having trouble understanding how: My pistol can fire and eject a round, feed another, go into FULL battery, and have a dead/unset trigger.

Notice as the slide travels to the rear it forces the trigger bar down which disconnects the trigger. This also resets the cocking cam.
    As the slide travels forward, it feeds a new round and the striker is stopped by the reset cocking cam. Releasing the trigger allows the trigger bar to move backwards and up to engage the cocking cam. If not broken, I suspect your trigger bar is not returning far enough back or high enough to engage the cocking cam properly.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

Notice as the slide travels to the rear it forces the trigger bar down which disconnects the trigger. This also resets the cocking cam.
    As the slide travels forward, it feeds a new round and the striker is stopped by the reset cocking cam. Releasing the trigger allows the trigger bar to move backwards and up to engage the cocking cam. If not broken, I suspect your trigger bar is not returning far enough back or high enough to engage the cocking cam properly.
    Thanks. The trigger bar not returning far enough or high enough back seems like a real possibility--although the trigger bar appears to me (a non gunsmith) to be doing what it is supposed to do.

Next move, new springs. If that doesn't fix the problem, I'll either send it to Kahr or disassemble it fully and look closely at every single part for under magnification for problems or wear.

I deleted this post because I figured out what I was asking about and didn't seen any need to ad any more to this confusing (to me anyway) thread.