Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Strange P380 Problem--Dead Trigger

The tiny pistol is back in service.

Boy oh boy is the Remington value pack ammo filthy dirty messy stuff...

So the new extractor did it?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    So the new extractor did it?
    I replaced the extractor and extractor spring. The new spring was a good 10 percent longer than the old one. It also MAY have a slightly larger wire size. My old spring was very old.

Also, the pistol was filthy inside. Really filthy. I last disassembled the slide about 125 rounds ago and gave it a thorough cleaning then.

The Remington Value Pack ammo that I used to test the gun deposited a TON of gunk and filth into the inner workings of the pistol. It is possible that the gunk was the root of all the problems I was having. I didn't know how dirty it was inside when I sent it to Kahr. They certainly didn't clean it before they sent it back.

I don't think I've ever gotten one my pistols so dirty before in the past. No more Remington Value Pack for me...

New member here. I recently purchased a new Kahr P380 and started reading this forum. I just finished reading this thread all the way through and I was very impressed with the knowledge and help that is available on this site as proven by this thread. I was so impressed that I decided I wanted to become a member. Thank you members! If I ever need help I am confident I will be able to find it here!

I just bought a p380 and have this exact issue. I knew something was up when I did some dry-fires before shooting it. Basically, if I racked the slide, pulled the trigger, reracked with trigger still held, release/reset trigger, then pull trigger again...nothing. It does this randomly, not every time. Going to inspect it as per gb6491's suggestions.

The other issue I have is random failure to fires. Looking at the primer on the ones that missed, the strike looks way off center and hard to extract. Not sure what that's about but probably extractor related. Used 95gr blazer

Default Strange P380 Problem--Dead Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by flustercuck View Post
    I just bought a p380 and have this exact issue. I knew something was up when I did some dry-fires before shooting it. Basically, if I racked the slide, pulled the trigger, reracked with trigger still held, release/reset trigger, then pull trigger again...nothing. It does this randomly, not every time. Going to inspect it as per gb6491's suggestions.

The other issue I have is random failure to fires. Looking at the primer on the ones that missed, the strike looks way off center and hard to extract. Not sure what that's about but probably extractor related. Used 95gr blazer
    Does it do it when you rack it normally and then pull the trigger?

Not sure on the failure to fire issue. Is it New or used? Is the striker channel clean and free of machining burrs?

Quote Originally Posted by lee1000 View Post
    Does it do it when you rack it normally and then pull the trigger?

Not sure on the failure to fire issue. Is it New or used? Is the striker channel clean and free of machining burrs?
    No, only when holding the trigger down for a reset. It's band new, haven't inspected the striker channel yet.

Default Strange P380 Problem--Dead Trigger

No, only when holding the trigger down for a reset. It's band new, haven't inspected the striker channel yet.
    I wouldn't worry about it if it doesn't do it when cycling normally.

I would definitely clean the striker channel and debur the inside of the slide. My PM9 needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by lee1000 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it if it doesn't do it when cycling normally.
    Yeah but this is when manually racking. When firing a round, cycling occurs within a fraction of a second...I would have to be pretty quick on releasing the trigger to avoid this issue...

Yeah but this is when manually racking. When firing a round, cycling occurs within a fraction of a second...I would have to be pretty quick on releasing the trigger to avoid this issue...
    Interesting point, I never thought of that