Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange P380 Problem--Dead Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

Notice as the slide travels to the rear it forces the trigger bar down which disconnects the trigger. This also resets the cocking cam.
    As the slide travels forward, it feeds a new round and the striker is stopped by the reset cocking cam. Releasing the trigger allows the trigger bar to move backwards and up to engage the cocking cam. If not broken, I suspect your trigger bar is not returning far enough back or high enough to engage the cocking cam properly.
    Thanks. The trigger bar not returning far enough or high enough back seems like a real possibility--although the trigger bar appears to me (a non gunsmith) to be doing what it is supposed to do.

Next move, new springs. If that doesn't fix the problem, I'll either send it to Kahr or disassemble it fully and look closely at every single part for under magnification for problems or wear.

I deleted this post because I figured out what I was asking about and didn't seen any need to ad any more to this confusing (to me anyway) thread.

New recoil springs just got here. They are much longer and stronger that my used ones. In fact, it took me 15 minutes (of straining and swearing) to get the new springs installed. The used ones just sort of dropped in.

We will see. I'm going out back to Fawn's Butt Gun Range to give them a try in a few hours and will post results.

I still don't understand how worn out recoil spring could cause my dead trigger problem--but there is a whole bunch of stuff in this big wide world that I don't understand.

I am hopeful...

Did you have any particular swear words that seemed the most effective?

I too am not on board with the recoil spring effecting your issue but it could be just that little extra bit of push that aligns the planets that make that trigger work.

Sorry I didn't mean to go into Rocket Scientist Jargon. I'll just cross me fingers here and hope you come back with wlfman's the smartest man alive.

On the plus side is sounds like you needed new springs anyhow. I'm also not one to be changing them until I get signs that they are needed. I guess I spread my shooting out amongst enough guns that I don't wear em out of something.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Did you have any particular swear words that seemed the most effective?

I too am not on board with the recoil spring effecting your issue but it could be just that little extra bit of push that aligns the planets that make that trigger work.

Sorry I didn't mean to go into Rocket Scientist Jargon. I'll just cross me fingers here and hope you come back with wlfman's the smartest man alive.

On the plus side is sounds like you needed new springs anyhow. I'm also not one to be changing them until I get signs that they are needed. I guess I spread my shooting out amongst enough guns that I don't wear em out of something.
    Nope, nada, zero, zip--no good news. Got four mags with original Kahr mag springs to fire. Changed to Magguts +1 kit and had the strange dead trigger thing again on every mag.

Changed back to original Kahr mag springs and the problem persisted on the first or second round of every mag.

This little gem is going back as soon as I can get the RMA re activated.

Should have just sent it in in the first place.

Sigh...

I removed a few words related to Justins family tree as they weren't required to get your point across. While not offensive or derogatory they could be construed as such. No harm, no foul, just explanation.

We're (I'm) very protective of Justin, his family tree and his employees.

I'm sad that your issue wasn't resolved with the new springs. Not surprised I guess. Hopefully Kahr will get it fixed up and back quickly.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I removed a few words related to Justins family tree as they weren't required to get your point across. While not offensive or derogatory they could be construed as such. No harm, no foul, just explanation.

We're (I'm) very protective of Justin, his family tree and his employees.

I'm sad that your issue wasn't resolved with the new springs. Not surprised I guess. Hopefully Kahr will get it fixed up and back quickly.
    You are right, my reference to the family was not necessary. I was just trying to be amusing. It never occurred to me that some of you here might actually know him.

I do not know him, but I've been fond of and positive in public about his pistols for quite some time now.

Again no harm no foul. I read it the way you intended.
    Others maybe not so much.

Amusing is good, I like amusing.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Again no harm no foul. I read it the way you intended.
    Others maybe not so much.

Amusing is good, I like amusing.
    By the way, the swear word that worked best for seating the new P380 spring was *&^%$#.

You may quote me...

I use that one regularly, even here at work.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan