Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: CT 380 - Clicking trigger noise with no round in chamber

Default CT 380 - Clicking trigger noise with no round in chamber

I just got my 2nd CT380 and it will “click” when I pull the trigger (no rounds in mag) - even though I have not racked the slide to compress the trigger spring.

I disassembled the firearm and compared it side-by-side with my other CT 380...traced the noise to the cocking cam. Swapped the slide assemblies and the noise continued with the different slide in place.

After pulling the trigger and holding it, I can press the cocking cam with my finger (with slide off, of course) and it will “release” and roll forward. The clicking is caused by the cam rolling upward from the trigger pull and hitting the bottom of the slide, then releasing forward.

Called CS and was told the tolerance/length of the trigger bar allows the cocking cam to make this noise - and that it “is not a problem”. None of my other Kahrs do this; I have a P380, K9, PM9 as well. They all just pull silently with no clicking. I hate to admit it, but I have not even fired this gun yet to see if it functions normally. Hope to do so this weekend.

However, it seems “quirky” to me - so I thought I’d ask the collective wisdom of this forum for your thoughts. Perhaps I’m concerned about nothing?

I guess I could try ordering and installing a new trigger bar...

What say you, All?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Geo; 10-03-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Simple solution...

Only pull the trigger with live ammo -- then you'll never hear it!

You just might be over-thinking that it's a "problem"...

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

The only time I’ve had a clicking trigger was when the trigger bar wasn’t moving smoothly over the trigger bar spring.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

i have had that same noise but only when empty. With a full magazine but no round in the chamber the noise does not happen. There is pressure put on the slide by the full mag. Also it will smooth out with shooting.

My CM9 had a click/scratch/squeak when I dry fired. Solution was to remove the blowout plate and polish the trigger bar and the trigger bar spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I just got my 2nd CT380 and it will “click” when I pull the trigger (no rounds in mag) - even though I have not racked the slide to compress the trigger spring.

I disassembled the firearm and compared it side-by-side with my other CT 380...traced the noise to the cocking cam. Swapped the slide assemblies and the noise continued with the different slide in place.

After pulling the trigger and holding it, I can press the cocking cam with my finger (with slide off, of course) and it will “release” and roll forward. The clicking is caused by the cam rolling upward from the trigger pull and hitting the bottom of the slide, then releasing forward.

Called CS and was told the tolerance/length of the trigger bar allows the cocking cam to make this noise - and that it “is not a problem”. None of my other Kahrs do this; I have a P380, K9, PM9 as well. They all just pull silently with no clicking. I hate to admit it, but I have not even fired this gun yet to see if it functions normally. Hope to do so this weekend.

However, it seems “quirky” to me - so I thought I’d ask the collective wisdom of this forum for your thoughts. Perhaps I’m concerned about nothing?

I guess I could try ordering and installing a new trigger bar...

What say you, All?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a CT9 that will do exactly what you are talking about. It concerned me at first but the gun functions just fine. It’s a great running pistol with never one malfunction. My daughter carries it every day. If when you shoot it there is no problem I would say carry with confidence.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/