Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never say never

Default Never say never

I had a G19 gen 4 (never was 100% reliable) and a 30s in the past. Traded a G26 gen 4 for a CZ Rami (good trade for me) and said I was out of the Glock business for good.

Well...... Last week I saw a deal on this unfired G19 gen3 born on Dec 2008 for a steal of a price from a private seller. I met the guy and it was as advertised, unfired. Still had the original gold colored Glock factory grease in it. The guy loaded it and put it in a drawer after “O” got elected never firing it. I could never do that. Since it wasn’t a gen 4 I had to have it and knew I could get my money back out of it easy if I didn’t like it. 500 trouble free rounds later and I like this one. Fits me pretty good, trigger is heavy but very crisp, and I shoot it well. Ordered an IWB Kydex holster. I think this one will see some carry time this winter.

So the moral of the story is never say never... wife says I’ll sell it later but I’m not so sure.

The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

They are great guns with a ton of aftermarket parts available should one desire. I had a G19 and after better sights, a flat G17 trigger, and a home done trigger polish, the gun was perfect. I just never warmed up to it and sold it to a buddy who loves that gun. Probably should have kept it but my policy is, if I don't shoot it well out it goes. That says a lot for my longtime owned PM9.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I'm currently Glockless and I tell myself I will remain so but every once in awhile I get a slight urge.
    I guess them being so simple and knowing them inside and out gives me confidence.
    We're currently rebuilding all the department glocks. All new springs, deep clean where the officers can't get and adding new Trijicon HD sights.
    I have to work the next 4 sundays, doing 6 each day and worked last sunday. Not so bad. Get into a routine, stay systematic and it's ok.
    They go to range that same afternoon to function check. Last sunday, no issues, no sight adjustments needed, and surprisingly everyone showed up and di what they were supposed to, that never happens.

Also of note I mentioned the officer picking up a custom glock at training last week for 1400 bucks. Not a misprint there. I had to stifle a laugh. It's cool, looks neat but nothing I see that was worth more than a couple hundred bucks at most. I could buy 5 glocks or 3 real guns with 1400 bucks.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm currently Glockless and I tell myself I will remain so but every once in awhile I get a slight urge.
    I guess them being so simple and knowing them inside and out gives me confidence.
    We're currently rebuilding all the department glocks. All new springs, deep clean where the officers can't get and adding new Trijicon HD sights.
    I have to work the next 4 sundays, doing 6 each day and worked last sunday. Not so bad. Get into a routine, stay systematic and it's ok.
    They go to range that same afternoon to function check. Last sunday, no issues, no sight adjustments needed, and surprisingly everyone showed up and di what they were supposed to, that never happens.

Also of note I mentioned the officer picking up a custom glock at training last week for 1400 bucks. Not a misprint there. I had to stifle a laugh. It's cool, looks neat but nothing I see that was worth more than a couple hundred bucks at most. I could buy 5 glocks or 3 real guns with 1400 bucks.
    Yeah, those high priced boutique glocks make you wonder. Of course I’ve never held one so maybe they are nice but I don’t think $1000+ worth of nice but to each their own. I’ve seen one around here on Armslist for over $1000 and they just sit there usually.

After my holster shows up for this one and I see if I like toting it around I might add some night sights to it next month and maybe try a set of those rubber stick on side panels to get a little traction. That will be about it. The Glock factory night sights are pretty cheap and I would think keep the same POA/POI since they are the same height and width. I had those on the G26 I traded and they worked OK.

After the first range trip I took a black marker and blacked out the bottom bar on the rear plastic sight to give a 3 dot picture (or more like 2 squares and a dot in the middle picture). That worked out real nice and comes off with a little alcohol if needed.

Of course I saw some Ameriglo Agent sights for $85 that looked real cool. They had that Orange front for daytime that I bet would catch the eye but if I added them and POI shifted I’d just be irritated and life is too short for that.

But I don’t want to put too much money into this one because getting it for a good price is what makes this one so enjoyable, shoot it and don’t worry about it. We’ll see how it goes....
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I'd get a little sample can of "Whataliner" it's truck bed liner but it makes a great grip. I did my 21 when I had it. A detective here bought it and preferred it over the dept issues we sent to Robar for texture.

Kind of rubbery with good texture.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Glocks are the best appliance guns ever. Inexpensive, accurate, and dead stone reliable. The only thing I really don't like about them is that non-"Safety Action" trigger. Add a thumb safety and they'd be truly for the masses excellent.
    NRA Benefactor

I have a Gen3 G19, I never shot it much, the finger bumps never fit my hand. I had the bumps removed and the grip stippled. Wow what a difference. I shot it last week. Now I carry it on a 5th Saturday, every now and then.
    NRA Benefactor

Congrats on your find. My gen. 1 Glock 19 was a fine gun. Gave it to my son a few years ago and he carries it today. Good gun.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I'll say never...………………………………………………………………...

I'll say never, too...they just don't feel comfortable, natural in my hand. That is the number one first requirement for any handgun for me.