Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never say never

Glocks are the only double stacks my smallish hands have ever been able to accommodate. The grip angle is off, but I've adjusted to it....very well over the years. Glocks are not at all not my favorite semi-autos nor do I carry one...in that size range that accolade goes to 1911s. But in 19/23 versions I do shoot them well and they're my preferred console guns.
    NRA Benefactor

Was down to my last Glock - a 43 - after getting rid of my G19 Gen 3. That 19 was a good gun, but I just never got attached to it.

No sooner got rid of it when Glock released the G19 Gen 5. My local gun shop got 2 of them in with consecutive serial numbers. I liked the improvements the Gen 5 brought, and my Sister and I bought them.

Put some Talon grips and a set of Truglo TFO sights on it. Now THIS one I really like! The trigger is much better than my old Gen 3, and it fits my hand well. I've put more rounds through this gun than any other I own since I bought it.

I'm sure that'll change shortly. Just ordered a new Ruger MK IV Target model in all stainless. Also ordered the Ruger top rail and a Vortex Venom red dot optic. Time to go plinking...

G19 Gen5.jpgtfosights.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post

I'm sure that'll change shortly. Just ordered a new Ruger MK IV Target model in all stainless. Also ordered the Ruger top rail and a Vortex Venom red dot optic. Time to go plinking...
    Wait until you see what that Ruger will do with the red dot on it. I have a MK III hunter that I put a Burris Fastfire on and with good trigger control standing you can hit shotgun shells at 25 yards. I took off the beautiful cocobolo grips and put a big Hogue grip on mine for more control. Those pistols are amazing.

Now I’ve put the red dot on my CZ Scorpion where it will stay (that’s another story) so I have to get another red dot for the Ruger.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The new Glock 45 is without the finger bumps, has front slide serrations, the 17-like frame/19-like slide(I believe), and a few other "improvements. With the name, you would expect it to be a .45, but it's a new 9x19. Prices at the show ranged from $569 to $669 with room to dicker.

I did NOT see any 19's of any type... a very popular pistol!

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...k-g45-ultimate
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

The Glock LE District manager just left. He was passing through and stopped by to visit. Nice chat, learned some stuff.
    After chatting he brought in a box full of the new guns. I didn't think I'd ever hanker for another Glock BUT he had a Gen 5 G19 with the RSR sight on it that blew my dress up round my ears. Front slide serrations, beveled mag well and the sight was designed so you didn't have to have suppressor sights to co witness iron sights.

Thing just felt good in my hand. Others here hound me to get a gun with the RSR sight, thought about one just to appease them and try it out.
    Usually the Blue Gun dealers can't do anything for me as a civilian police employee but he says he can help with that being as I'm an armorer and more likely he is who he is.

I'm a devout non 9mm guy but have been trolling for a 9mm 1911 and still want one, but I think I'm adding the new G19 to my want list which never seems to get shorter, never could figure that out. This along with about 4 models of CZ, I don't think there's time to get it all done.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Go ahead ind get it. Sounds nice.

As for the G19 I picked up I’ve put on some Ameriglo I-dot sights and some Traction Grips. The sights are good and the Grips fill in the finger groves a bit. Feels a lot better. Now I just have to get out and verify POA on the new sights.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I had a G19 gen 4 (never was 100% reliable) and a 30s in the past. Traded a G26 gen 4 for a CZ Rami (good trade for me) and said I was out of the Glock business for good.

Well...... Last week I saw a deal on this unfired G19 gen3 born on Dec 2008 for a steal of a price from a private seller. I met the guy and it was as advertised, unfired. Still had the original gold colored Glock factory grease in it. The guy loaded it and put it in a drawer after “O” got elected never firing it. I could never do that. Since it wasn’t a gen 4 I had to have it and knew I could get my money back out of it easy if I didn’t like it. 500 trouble free rounds later and I like this one. Fits me pretty good, trigger is heavy but very crisp, and I shoot it well. Ordered an IWB Kydex holster. I think this one will see some carry time this winter.

So the moral of the story is never say never... wife says I’ll sell it later but I’m not so sure.

I've got a gen 3 G27 that's a total POS.
    It was good for a few 1000 rounds and then **** the bed.
    I've tried all kinds of OEM and after market parts.
    Had gunsmiths work on it.
    Done everything short of swinging chickens feet and spraying it with holy water.
    Damn thing will not run.
    Even with ball ammo.

Want to get rid of it, but cant in good conscience drop that bomb on anyone...

Full Disclosure:
    Friend had a G19 gen 3 that was flawless and deadly accurate.
    Go figure...

for me Block is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I've got a gen 3 G27 that's a total POS.
    It was good for a few 1000 rounds and then **** the bed.
    I've tried all kinds of OEM and after market parts.
    Had gunsmiths work on it.
    Done everything short of swinging chickens feet and spraying it with holy water.
    Damn thing will not run.
    Even with ball ammo.

Want to get rid of it, but cant in good conscience drop that bomb on anyone...

Full Disclosure:
    Friend had a G19 gen 3 that was flawless and deadly accurate.
    Go figure...

for me Block is dead
    That was my G19 gen 4 experience. Only it never even made it to 1000 reliable. Intermittent hiccups of different types even with various ball ammo, high power, lower power, everything. So much for perfection.

700 rounds into this gen 3 and it has been flawless so far. Load it with factory ammo and it just runs. Hope it continues.

Visit here: