Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop

Thread: Wife took my favorite 1911, so I got a new one!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wife took my favorite 1911, so I got a new one!

I finally got my wife to move up from a .22 to a 9mm as her nightstand gun. I took her to the range and took only 9mm guns. I started her out on “Buttercup”, my Colt Competition 9mm. I then let her shoot a SA EMP 4, Colt Defender, K9, MK9 and finally my EDC, a M&P 9c (sweet Apex trigger). She pretty much hated everything but Buttercup (named cause it’s a softy). So, she shot it some more. She actually started getting a nice spread. So... she loved it and had to have it. I told her that’s ok, so long as I get the replacement I wanted. I found a good deal ($600) on a SA Range Officer 9mm in stainless. I had read some good reviews and wanted one in stainless so I could polish it.(I’ve had the compact before in blue). I’m a bit let down as I think the logo, etc is laser etched pretty shallow, preventing me from polishing without losing some of it. I will at least put some grips to dress it a bit. Funny thing is, I let the wife see how much easier it was to rack than the Colt, which she kind of struggles with, but she still wants the Colt.

I have not shot it yet. Anyone here have one? What do you think of yours? I’m hoping I can shoot it as well as the Colt!
    Attached Images Attached Images