Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wife took my favorite 1911, so I got a new one!

Get some 47D Wilson mags. They always work. Most of mine have never seen their factory magazines.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Here is a good real on 1911 magazines, it's about 10 years old, but still a good read: http://how-i-did-it.org/magazines/

I use Checkmates, Kimber Pro's, and Wilsons at the range, and carry Tripp Cobra's.

I have an old Ed Brown that I've had for 20 years of so, always ate everything I ever fed it. Until about two weeks ago, got a box of ball ammo the would jam on the first round, every magazine. I found the OAL was too long, and my recoil spring had been in service longer than it should have been. I shot the ammo in my PM45 to finish out the box, and replaced my recoil spring. Now no worries.
    Point being, might be bad ammo causing your issues.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    The Classic Custom I had (1988 build if I remember correct) was an amazingly well built, great running and accurate gun. Out of all of the govt sized 1911’s I’ve had in .45 it was my favorite. I really messed up, getting rid of it recently. That’s it in the pic behind the K9. I am already keeping my eyes open to find another. I should not have sold it!
    Darn, that's a good looking pistol. I have to agree that you "really messed, getting rid of it recently" Hopefully, another, in just as nice condition, will come your way.
    If it's any solace, the above makes me double determined to keep my Classic Custom Target.

The new grips look good on your Springer

FWIW, the magazines that work best in my 9mm 1911 are Metalform 9FR-794
    http://gregcotellc.com/cart/1911-met...94-p-1969.html

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I have had great luck with Wilsons too. I think they have made it into the magwell of every 1911 I’ve owned, with a few Chip and one Tripp mag having also given good service. While I am yet to own a Wilsons gun, I can certainly speak to the quality of their mags. Thanks for the model #!

Thanks for the link! I will defiinitely read the article. Yes, my first attempt at resolution will be to take her back for another range session with 2 or 3 kinds of ammo. Then switch mags (2 from the Colt and one Wisons I had hung onto). I figure it won’t hurt to run some more ammo too as the Springer was not very used when I got it. Need to break her in!

Thanks for the kind words. Your target version is a beaut! I am becoming a big fan of the target rear sights. I know some don’t care for them, but I’m not sure why. They sure do make me more accurate!
    I’m already hunting for another locally. I have seen one, but it has a bit too much “honest” wear for the price. That one I had was about 97-98% if you ask me. Plus, the local one for sale has that plum finish on the slide.