Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ace in the Hole

I don't want a ".22". I want something with kick and penetration, so the .308 is my choice for defense, but I'm not planning on long treks with it... just wanted something beside pistol caliber with more range.

I have a Trijicon front sight post coming in shortly. I'm not sure about getting a bayonet, though... might make the rifle front heavy again.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by swank View Post
    All the 308 autos and the weight of their ammo require you to either only carry 80 rds or give up the silencer and the rifle rated armor. Both are very bad ideas. There's another 30 lbs of stuff (minimum) to be carried. The basic ammo loadout for today's M4 is 7 30 rd mags, 1 lb each. The gun is 7 lbs, 20 rd steel mags full of 308 are 1.6 lbs each and typically the guns are 2 lbs heavier, too. So say, 10 mags full of 308, 15lbs and a 9 lb gun, 24 lbs, vs 14 lbs. A silencer for the 223 can be as light as 3/4 lb, and rifle rated armor is 10 lbs, basically. The armor and silencer are many times more likely to save you than any power or range advantage that the 308 (supposedly) offers over a 223.
    We are not all Mall Ninja's. We will be defending our home, not humping a load over a mountain. Give the guy a break, he wanted something, he found it, he is happy.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    6 post Mr. Swank and not a positive note in the bunch. Give me something positive.

Just sayin.
    Where’s the thumbs up button?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

positive commentary requires something positive noted. Havent noted any so far. Just ask the MOVE group from Philadelphia, the Branch Davidians at Waco and Randy weaver's family what happens when you think you can just "hole up" and hold them off. They set your place ablaze, pump it full of gas and then shoot you when you run outside.

Another issue is that this forum is nearly dead. Half a dozen posts in a week. Funny how a guy who can generate 50x as much traffic, in a very short period of time, is given nothing but static on dead forums, but that's been the case scores of times. I always end up just letting them die, when they could have been generating income. Apparently, managers of such places just dont care if their forum makes them any money? Other than ego-strutting, why bother to have such a forum?

This forum isn't about making money. Our much respected administrator doesn't do any ego strutting, least ways that I've ever seen.

This forum was here long before you came and will be here probably long after your gone especially if all you have to input is negative and pot stirring.

I mean this respectfully, not looking for a cyber fisticuff of anything like that. Nobody wants to fisticuff with me anymore since I got the button.

Have a nice day and pleasant tomorrow.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    This forum isn't about making money. Our much respected administrator doesn't do any ego strutting, least ways that I've ever seen.

This forum was here long before you came and will be here probably long after your gone especially if all you have to input is negative and pot stirring.

I mean this respectfully, not looking for a cyber fisticuff of anything like that. Nobody wants to fisticuff with me anymore since I got the button.

Have a nice day and pleasant tomorrow.
    Thanks, Col. Seems Sir Swank's mission here is to stir up trouble. Perhaps if we all just ignored......
    NRA Benefactor

if the guy wants to waste his time on a dead site, that's up to him. But i bet he didn't start out thinking that would be the result. Too much work to set up and maintain a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Thanks, Col. Seems Sir Swank's mission here is to stir up trouble. Perhaps if we all just ignored......
    +1
    Already on my Ignore List - LOL!

He's gone. No, not out to make money, just have a good place for Kahr fans to hangout and talk. I will be doing some site tweaking this year that may increase revenue, but that is not what we are about.
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

You know it might be a fine idea to somehow include the other brands under the Kahr umbrella, Auto Ordnance, Magnum Research, Thompson in the title, but don't know how that would all fit.

Maybe it wasn't a fine idea after all.
    Thought I was really onto something too. Oh well.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."