CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Kahr CW380 on the way

Default New Kahr CW380 on the way

Well I just order my new Kahr CW380 "CW3833TU3" today . I should have it one day next week. I am stoked!

I moved to Florida aftr my illness. I find that with the much warmer tempatures year round that I and wearing fishing short pants or cargo short pants almost exclusively. My favorite carry gun has always been my Kahr PM9 in a crossbreed IWB holster but I now find myself carrying my Ruger LCP .380 in a Uncle George's walletn holster more and more as it is almost like not having a gun on me at all. I have been wanting a Kahr .380 every since they were intoduced but didn't want to pay the price for a P380. Theis is why I pruchased the Ruger LCP in the first place. The Ruger LCP is a great gun, I have a little over 600 rounds through it and zero malfunctions of any type. I did place a white dot of appliance touch up paint on the small front sight and Ican shoot it pretty well at 21 ft. But evertime I go to the gun store and handle the Kahr CW380 with real sights, a much better trigger I new I wanted one. It was just a matter of time until I add one to my carry rotation.

I have over 4,350 flawless rounds through my PM9 so the new CW380 has a lot to live up to.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony,

Check My Photography Website
    PhotographicEndeavors.com

Army National Guard Veteran 1972-78
    NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380
    "Defend freedom because it is not free"

I recently moved from an LCP custom to the Tungsten CW380 and I am extremely happy with my decision. The LCP ran flawlessly but the higher sights on the Custom would catch on the pocket holster during draw from the pocket. I have a Tungsten CM9 and wanted it’s little sibling.
    So far no issues with the CW380. I have approximately 200 rounds through the gun to include about 20 Underwood Xtreme defenders. I cleaned and oiled my gun before taking it to the range. I then racked the hell out of it and left the slide locked back overnight. Absolutely love this little gun. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will probably be able to pick up my new CW380 tomorrow if the weather doesn’t interfere with the shipping to Florida.

I plan the same pre-break in procedures that you did before taking it to the range. I hope it runs as well as both of my other Kahr’s.

Tony,

NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'coot View Post
    I will probably be able to pick up my new CW380 tomorrow if the weather doesn’t interfere with the shipping to Florida.

I plan the same pre-break in procedures that you did before taking it to the range. I hope it runs as well as both of my other Kahr’s.

If you dab some Flitz or Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish on the metal rails and the polymer "rails", you'll accelerate the break-in period. Be prepared for the CW380 to be a bear to cycle for a long time.

Thanks for the information.
    Tony,

NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380

I Wish you the best...unfortunately I haven’t been able to consider mine 100% reliable yet...500+ rounds and a trip back to kahr and it’s close, but last trip still had one ftf

Sorry to hear you had issues that are still not working at 100%. I will not put into my carry rotation until I have complete confidence in it’s reliability.

Tony,

NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380

Congrats on the new CW380, Tony. I've had mine for 3 months now, and it's become my favorite EDC. The only malfunction I've had with mine was once when I tried to chamber a round by manually racking the slide. Of course Kahr strongly recommends against that, so I guess it wasn't really a malfunction.

Well today I picked up my new Tungsten CW 380 with 3 dot sights. I am thrilled and have taken it home disassembled, throughly cleaned and lubed. I am in the process of rascking the slide to aid in the break-in process. It is very tight and the recoil springs are very strong. There was a some what gritty feeling when I first racked the slide at the gun store but it is much smoother since giving it a good cleaning and lubing. The excellent long but smooth Karh trademark trigger with a chrisp break is so much nicer than my Ruger LCP and the addition of real sights makes it a much better weapon. I will update again once I can get it to the range.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony,

NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'coot View Post
    Well today I picked up my new Tungsten CW 380 with 3 dot sights. I am thrilled and have taken it home disassembled, throughly cleaned and lubed. I am in the process of rascking the slide to aid in the break-in process. It is very tight and the recoil springs are very strong. There was a some what gritty feeling when I first racked the slide at the gun store but it is much smoother since giving it a good cleaning and lubing. The excellent long but smooth Karh trademark trigger with a chrisp break is so much nicer than my Ruger LCP and the addition of real sights makes it a much better weapon. I will update again once I can get it to the range.

I have the same gun and it has been fantastic. I did everything you've done as well as having MagGuts in the mag and extra mag I bought. I also loaded the mags and let them sit at least overnight. I didn't think about it, but the slide could use a night or 70 in the locked back position. Man it's a strong little bugger.