Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Kahr CW380 on the way

I have never tried Maguts in any of my pistols but like the idea of having an additional round available. My only concern is I would not sacrifice any reliability for that extra round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tony,

Check My Photography Website
    PhotographicEndeavors.com

Army National Guard Veteran 1972-78
    NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380
    "Defend freedom because it is not free"

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'coot View Post
    I have never tried Maguts in any of my pistols but like the idea of having an additional round available. My only concern is I would not sacrifice any reliability for that extra round.

Oddly enough the MagGuts design typically results in better feeding. I think it's due to the follower being VERY similar to the 9mm followers used in 1911s. With Kahrs grip angle being similar to the 1911......it kinda makes sense.

The mag guts actually aid in reliable operation

I have been very busy and have ignored making any updates to my post. I completed my break in on my Tungsten CW380 today. I have shot just over 500 round of assorted ball Ammo and 40 rounds of Barnes Tac-XPD Hollow- Points through the CW380 with zero issues. This gun will now replace my Ruger LCP as my daily carry in a Uncle George’s wallet holster. The LCP has been a great little gun and gas also ran flawlessly but the better sights, trigger and slide lock back give the CW380 a edge in my opinion. The CW380 is a fine gun a a great addition to my carry rotation. I rate it as good of a gun as My other Kahr pistols.I am a very satisfied customer.

Tony,

NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380

I have been very busy and have ignored making any updates to my post. I completed my break in on my Tungsten CW380 today. I have shot just over 500 round of assorted ball Ammo and 40 rounds of Barnes Tac-XPD Hollow- Points through the CW380 with zero issues. This gun will now replace my Ruger LCP as my daily carry in a Uncle George’s wallet holster. The LCP has been a great little gun and gas also ran flawlessly but the better sights, trigger and slide lock back give the CW380 a edge in my opinion. The CW380 is a fine gun a a great addition to my carry rotation. I rate it as good of a gun as My other Kahr pistols.I am a very satisfied customer.

CW or P380 in an Uncle George's is my EDC. A great setup!

You are very fortunate indeed.
    I purchased a new, factory night sight .380 about a month ago.
    Does not feed Fiocchi at all, but other than that I had maybe 7 failures of one kind or another in the first 200 rounds.
    I've put about 125 more through it since with 1 FTF.
    Maybe when I get to the 500 round mark, I will be able to trust it.

I researched before buying my CW380. When I received the pistol, I took it apart to clean, lube, and check extractor tension, and after 40 years of checking exrtactors, I knew it was too tight. While checking the tension, I tried Fiocchi jsut for kicks,and couldn't get it to slide up, where it belonged.
    When I took it to the range, I had at least 8 different flavors of ammo, and it ate everything I put through it, except For some of the Fiocchi. I actually didn't think ANY of them would feed. I'd put over 200 rounds through it, and was really surprised at how accurate it is with Hornady ammo, particularly the loads with their XTP bullets.
    I took it apart, when I got home to clean, and check for any abnormal wear. Everything looked good except that I thought the extractor was still too tight, with very minimal clearance between the extractor, and breechface.
    I emailed Kahr, with my concerns about not quite enough clearance between the extractor and breechface. They promptly sent me a call tag, and the pistol was gone, less than a week. When it came back, the extractor tension, and clearance are perfect. According to the paperwork, they also replaced ALL of the springs. I thought all of the springs were fine, with the exception of the magazine spring, that I thought was a little whimpy.
    I'm not sure how many round I've put through it since I got it back from the factory, but, the only hiccup it has ever had was to not lock back, on an empty magazine. Magguts has a MUCH BETTER spring, and since installing them, in my magazines, it always locks back, on an empty magazine.

Glad you got everything worked out and it is running well now.
    I ran an assortment of ammo through mine but did not have any of the Fiocchi to try. I seems a lot of others have issued with it as well.

Tony,

NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380

Glad you got everything worked out and it is running well now.
    I ran an assortment of ammo through mine but did not have any of the Fiocchi to try. I seems a lot of others have issued with it as well.

The only reason I even had any Fiocchi is because a guy sold me all of his .380 ammo, because he sold his gun.
    The only handgun ammo I buy is "carry" ammo, but, the guy that sold me the Fiocchi, also had several different flavors of carry ammo.
    Most of the time, if I'm going to actually practice, I'll use handloads.