Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace

Thread: Range time with the CM9

Default Range time with the CM9

My CM9 has fallen into the "carry a lot, shoot a little" category. I would rather spend time shooting my T9(because it's sooooo nice and easy to shoot) or my MK9(because it's the same size as my CM9 but more comfortable to shoot). But it's been a few months since I've shot it, so out it came.

At seven yards, the tiny little CM9 will put seven rounds into a single hole all day long. My range's maximum distance is 15 yards. Mozambique drills and head shots are no problem at that distance at all.

I have a CT Laserguard mounted to it and a few of my other carry pistols. I rarely train with the laser, as most of my shooting is slow fire bullseye and I don't see the laser when focusing on the front sight. I did a bunch of both eyes open shooting on Saturday,and I am much more accurate when being fast while using the laser.

Kahr's pistols always surprise me with their accuracy, even though I know they shouldn't.

It's amazing that a 9mm can be that small, that shootable, and that affordable. I remember when a S&W 3913 was a small pistol. Now a CM9 is about the size of a PPK.

It's a good time to be a concealed carrier.

sounds like you're ready to test your self a little further; I compete in IDPA matches with my CM9,my EDC, in BUG division; just for the little guns. you'll need 4 mags,loaded 6rds. max (no barnies) pockets will do for starters but you'll want pouches,a OWB or IWB holster,(no pocket draw allowed) a good belt and about 100 rounds.
    you may be shooting on the move,kneeling,behind cover,SH/WH,drop-turners,hidden targets, metal poppers. ranges could vary from 2ft. to 20yds. in the same stage. sounds challenging don't it. no worries! introduce yourself as a new shooter at sign up and you'll find lots of help and patient understanding from the S.O.'s. (safety officers)

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    My CM9 has fallen into the "carry a lot, shoot a little" category. ...
    ... It's a good time to be a concealed carrier.
    Well said!

I front-pocket-carry my CM9 at the range for the same reason I bought it: self defense. Before shooting other pistols, I usually fire my CM9 first, as close as possible to self-defense conditions -- close distances, eyes open, imperfect stance, etc. At the end of a range session after carbine/pistol moving drills, target rifle from bench rest, perhaps a few blasts from my not-a-shotgun Shockwave; I'll finish the day with a few more CM9 magazines.

I fire fewer rounds through my pocket pistols than my larger guns but shooting those rounds first and last at the range attunes me to the concealed carry pistol.