Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: What To Expect

Default What To Expect

My P380 arrived at Kahr on Tuesday to be repaired for a cycling problem. I've sent pistols to Kahr before, but it's been years. Can you good folk tell me please about:

1) Current approximate turn around times
    2) What sort of notice Kahr will give when they ship the pistol
    3) What sort of detail Kanr may give about what they found wrong and what they fixed

Thanks in advance...

Turn around varies considerably and no way for us to tell. Depends on how many are in the cue. Time of year has an influence, holidays, vacations, just no way to tell. Also depends on the issue, if no major parts are needed that helps. If they need a barrel or a slide for example it might increase the time if they don't have one. They build parts for repairs, I was told they don't just take barrels or slides of the line.

In the past no notice was sent when it was shipped, it just arrived. Kind of bad since it's usually signature required and somebody (adult) needs to be there. I think that has improved some recently and many report getting an email or a call.

Lastly the work description usually leaves a lot to be desired. Very brief and usually leaves more questions than answers.
    The guys working on the guns don't spend much time writing stuff down. Usually they do stuff that isn't in the repair description, little stuff.

Seems to be the way it is across the industry, not just Kahr for sure.

There's no harm in sending a nice email to check status now and then, but mostly it's a patience game.

In some cases guys get their guns back in a week, very fast turn around, just no certainty.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thank you. If I read correctly, it's kinda like a Christmas morning, only with a rolling date.

Not the worst thing to be looking forward to.

Very little information...I received an email from FedEx about a shipment and a vague statement about what was done...

8 weeks is how long it took from door to door...and this was done back in july

Quote Originally Posted by vinnier6 View Post
    Very little information...I received an email from FedEx about a shipment and a vague statement about what was done...

Thanks for the info.

I certainly hope mine doesn't take that long.

Did you check on it from time to time by phone or email?

Quote Originally Posted by vinnier6 View Post

I called Kahr this morning.

I expect to get just about what you got: an email and little or no detail on repair specifics.

The tech told me two weeks minimum, and didn't give a maximum...