Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is that?

Default What is that?

So, my wife shoots me an email, the body of which reads:

"What is that?"

That being this:

Yep, that's a camel spider/wind scorpion/sun spider (take your pick)

She spared it, but she's deadly on real scorpions. Last year, she killed the biggest bark scorpion I've seen. Kind of scary that it was in our kitchen.

Shake your boots out folks!

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I wouldn't have spared it, spiders/bugs are like snakes, only good ones are dead ones.

When I come down to visit you can bet your boots I'll be shaking my boots out vigorously, and often. Not sure I'll sleep, unless I find a bare white room that's a vacuum with no inlets for bugs.

Ok, I'll admit it, I skeered of bugs. I hate bees too, you got them killer bee's down there yet?

Is that bug poisonous? Some folks just gotta know.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I wouldn't have spared it, spiders/bugs are like snakes, only good ones are dead ones.

When I come down to visit you can bet your boots I'll be shaking my boots out vigorously, and often. Not sure I'll sleep, unless I find a bare white room that's a vacuum with no inlets for bugs.

Ok, I'll admit it, I skeered of bugs. I hate bees too, you got them killer bee's down there yet?

Is that bug poisonous? Some folks just gotta know.
    Those things are Solifugae, which are neither spiders nor scorpions. They are not venomous, although I've read their bite can be somewhat painful. They feed on other bugs, and are especially fond of termites...which makes them okay in my book.

The dear little honey bees are vital to our ecosystem, and we'd be in big trouble without them. Wasps are pollinators as well, and serve a useful purpose in the grand scheme of things. Bees I like, but wasps? Not so much.

Those who can, do.
    Those who cannot preach or teach.
    What say you "preacher".
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    Those things are Solifugae, which are neither spiders nor scorpions. They are not venomous, although I've read their bite can be somewhat painful. They feed on other bugs, and are especially fond of termites...which makes them okay in my book.

The dear little honey bees are vital to our ecosystem, and we'd be in big trouble without them. Wasps are pollinators as well, and serve a useful purpose in the grand scheme of things. Bees I like, but wasps? Not so much.
    On the same page here. Plus I have no issue at all with with common spiders and garden type snakes.
    NRA Benefactor

Bee gang.jpg
    What's this? Spied a little bee action last week.

Doesn't quite look like what we called camel spiders in Iraq. Just a tad bit smaller, too.

I like snakes and spiders, just not the poisonous one. They serve a great service in getting rid of many, many pests that really bug me.

If only there was a snake that took out violets. I'd like that kind of snake.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Greg, it's great how you manage to include "gun stuff" in a non gun Post

Your wife SHOOTS you an email...............

I think it's his Marine upbringing. He leads by following the rules. I was a boy scout, we bent them a bit from time to time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan