Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magguts: Another Purchase

Default Magguts: Another Purchase

Was tempted to buy another pistol this month.. but did well to resist this.

Invested in ammo and upgraded some existing pistolas. Purchased the magguts innards for my CW380. Reviews seem positive and I am looking forward to receiving.

Will post updates after the swap and a range trip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ceNex.......the purchases just never STOP.......hmmmm well...I shouldn't get another gun just YET but maybe I could use another holster, or maybe I could update my mags, or change out a slide release, or do something with the GRIPS.......on and on and on and on!!!
    WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!!!!!!!..........but maybe you've been in the CLUB a long long time.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Good move, that one extra shot may save your life.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Not only an extra shot, but more positive and reliable slide lock on last round

Only question/concern I have: my CW380 is the tungsten model with one magazine having the pinky extension.

Will this work? I see some stuff in the FAQ and have entered the info in the notes section while placing the order.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

My experience is that the Pierce pinkie extension will not work with the Magguts system. The hole in the Pierce pinkie extension is in the wrong place, and the Magguts spring is welded to the piece that has the nub that locks into the hole in the baseplate.

That being said, you may be able to drill a new hole in the Pierce pinkie extension to make it work. IIRC, the hole was about 1/4” off.

-Wlf

Quote Originally Posted by ceNex View Post
    Only question/concern I have: my CW380 is the tungsten model with one magazine having the pinky extension.

Will this work? I see some stuff in the FAQ and have entered the info in the notes section while placing the order.

It absolutely will. I have the Tungsten and used it with mine. The trick is the "bump" is in a different place, but MagGuts is made where you can swap the placement of the fin on the lock plate around and get it to fit.

Thanks, lantern! You just filled my “learn something new quota” for the day!

-Wlf

I will be watching this thread for you updates. I hope to get to the range early next week to shoot my new Cw380. Seriously considering upgrading a couple of the mags with Mag guts as most everything I can find online is positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tony,

Check My Photography Website
    PhotographicEndeavors.com

Army National Guard Veteran 1972-78
    NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380
    "Defend freedom because it is not free"

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'coot View Post
    I will be watching this thread for you updates. I hope to get to the range early next week to shoot my new Cw380. Seriously considering upgrading a couple of the mags with Mag guts as most everything I can find online is positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only update thus far is not good. USPS was supposed to deliver today, but no sign of the package. Checking the tracking info, and last scan was in FL, on Monday. No updates since.

Might be a while.....

Edit: surprise! Package was delivered today. Will change the guts tomorrow and report back next week!

Last edited by ceNex; 10-20-2018 at 09:24 PM.