Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Least owned Kahr by members

Default Least owned Kahr by members

I don't mean rarest Kahrs. Those are the T9s. No, what I mean is which model is least popular with Kahr owners.

I think it's probably one of the TP series. I haven't seen very many posts about them. I see plenty of T9 posts, but not many TP. Or CT, for that matter.

Least owned Kahr.......That would have to be a K45.........

I know, but if only they would make um they would be a huge seller.....I would agree the TP pistols seem to be a solution to a problem that never existed....Too big and a single stack and there are so many other better choices out there in a double stack carry pistol priced about the same that would be a much better choice than the TP series for belt carry.....Now if Kahr would only wise up and start making a K45 I will be first in line for one of those.....I know but one can dream.........

You'll have to settle for # 2 getsome, I'm # 1 in line for a K45.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Least owned Kahr.......That would have to be a K45.........

I know, but if only they would make um they would be a huge seller.....I would agree the TP pistols seem to be a solution to a problem that never existed....Too big and a single stack and there are so many other better choices out there in a double stack carry pistol priced about the same that would be a much better choice than the TP series for belt carry.....Now if Kahr would only wise up and start making a K45 I will be first in line for one of those.....I know but one can dream.........

I bought my T9 because it's a T9----all steel, wood grips, made to a high standard of fit and finish. The TP9 is the same size, and would likely perform as well----but it wouldn't be as nice to shoot as the T9. I don't carry my T9 because it's too big for the ammo capacity, when can I can carry my Glock 26 or even my Glock 19 for the same weight.

I would be all over a K45 or a T45. In a heartbeat.

The TP/CT series are, as you said, a solution in search of a problem.

Don't forget the new S series. Who asked for a rail and a shard of metal riveted to the side of the grip?

Not that anyone asked me, but I'd recommend that Kahr stick with the all-steel guns and the "C" series. Drop the others, even the "premium" plastic models. Add a K45 and/or a T45. Eventually maybe the .40 cal. models could be phased out if demand drops. And forget about all the cute colors, stick with all black or black and stainless. They could pretty up the engraving on the C series so it looks fancier without spending a lot on it.

I'd also recommend they look into a double stack 9mm, just because I think it would sell like crazy.

CM 380, 9, 40, 45
    CW 380, 9, 40, 45
    MK 9...
    K 9...
    T 9...

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I bought my T9 because it's a T9----all steel, wood grips, made to a high standard of fit and finish. The TP9 is the same size, and would likely perform as well----but it wouldn't be as nice to shoot as the T9. I don't carry my T9 because it's too big for the ammo capacity, when can I can carry my Glock 26 or even my Glock 19 for the same weight.

I would be all over a K45 or a T45. In a heartbeat.

The TP/CT series are, as you said, a solution in search of a problem.
    As I unholster my TP45 from the 3 o’clock belt position I’m thinking damn glad I’m not carrying that heavyweight T series pistol.

So it looks like a solution to a heavy problem.

All-steel heavy guns still exist because sometimes we like to shoot just for the pleasure of it.

It all depends on what you're used to. My EDC is a 1911. So on the weekend when I "Just" carry my K9, it feels very light.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    I don't mean rarest Kahrs. Those are the T9s. No, what I mean is which model is least popular with Kahr owners.

I think it's probably one of the TP series. I haven't seen very many posts about them. I see plenty of T9 posts, but not many TP. Or CT, for that matter.
    I'm inclined to believe the E9 might be the rarest of Kahr pistols and, considering that it was discontinued, perhaps the least popular.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>