Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington CPL's

Default Washington CPL's

Just received an email from DOL that was a mule kick to my chest.

Forever here in Washington a person with a CPL could purchase a gun and the dealer would call or use an online program to get a NCIC check. Hence the name "Instant Check".

Todays email informs that mid 2019 the FBI will no longer allow this privilege to dealers and all back ground checks will fall on Law Enforcement which can only mean that folks with CPL's will have to wait just like everybody else.

Use to be cops could use their credentials just like a permit and get the instant check, but they took that away a few years ago. So cops got CPL's which now will be completely meaningless.

Doubt I'll pay the renewal fee when my time comes. I'll just play outlaw and exercise my 2nd amendment rights.

Frankly I'm a little put out over this, ok, totally PO'd might be a more accurate description.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If that is a FBI thing do you think that will be nation wide? Or just WA?

Here in my part of the woods if you have passed the background check and carry a permit then at the local gun shop you fill out the form, show your ID and permit, pay your money, and walk. No call in at all. That’s at the local gun shop or even big box stores.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    If that is a FBI thing do you think that will be nation wide? Or just WA?

Here in my part of the woods if you have passed the background check and carry a permit then at the local gun shop you fill out the form, show your ID and permit, pay your money, and walk. No call in at all. That’s at the local gun shop or even big box stores.
    It's like that here except they still have to call, but you pay and walk out pretty quick. I think it will just be a state thing, probably something our lame attorney general thunk up. He's one of them that uses California for a model.

That apparently won't be an option now. Didn't say if the shop could call and get an instant check via Law Enforcement or if it will be a forced waiting period.
    Actually it won't matter, we're now required to wait for a response from the nut farm monitors before approval and they take at least a week so yup, mandatory waiting period.

If I was a bit younger I'd hitch up the wagon and head East, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, maybe even a bit south and be Greg's neighbor. (there goes the neighborhood.)
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yep, I know people who got the permit, just to make purchases go faster, never carry outside the home.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It's like that here except they still have to call, but you pay and walk out pretty quick. I think it will just be a state thing, probably something our lame attorney general thunk up. He's one of them that uses California for a model.

That apparently won't be an option now. Didn't say if the shop could call and get an instant check via Law Enforcement or if it will be a forced waiting period.
    Actually it won't matter, we're now required to wait for a response from the nut farm monitors before approval and they take at least a week so yup, mandatory waiting period.

If I was a bit younger I'd hitch up the wagon and head East, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, maybe even a bit south and be Greg's neighbor. (there goes the neighborhood.)
    You need to get your butt back to Missouri.

And, we have that wonderful initiative on the ballot too.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Forget the wall between the US and Mexico, build it around california instead.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Back in the day, Spokane was on my short list of candidate retirement places, At least, had I chosen it, t'would now be only a short wagon trip to relocate to northern Idaho or Montana.
    NRA Benefactor

Sorry gents! If the commies have their way Orygun will follow suit sooner than later! Be very careful who you vote for!!
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Here in Virginia the state police already do the instant check. Speed of the process depends on how busy they at a particular time. Usually done in 10 to 15 minutes by phone and a bit quicker by computer. LEO follow the same rules.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.