Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Ruger MK IV Target 22 LR

Default Ruger MK IV Target 22 LR

My second trip out with my new Ruger MK IV Target with a Vortex Venom red dot sight.

The grip angle makes me feel like I'm shooting at the ground, but I'm getting used to it.

This was the first 4 10 round magazines at 25 yds. This thing is soooooo easy to field strip and put back together. Ruger got this one very right.

I like it! Some finger groove target grips are in order now. I'm not feeling the love for those $150 Volquartsen grips though...

MK4.jpg

Ruger.jpg

I've been into a few of those, my son just bought one similar with a longer fluted barrel.
    It sure is nice not to have to stand on your head and hold your mouth just right to take it apart and put it together for sure.
    It's not rocket science if you do it once in awhile but don't do it for a year or two depending on your level of ahlzeimers and it's get frustrating.

Hoping to get one myself but it's not really high on the want list, maybe 3 or 4 down.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Drop in a Volquartsen sear and trigger and watch those nice groups cut in half.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Newest additions - Altamont rosewood grips and stainless grip screws.

Feels so much better in the hand with these grips. Doesn't feel like I'm pointing the gun at the floor anymore.

Yes 340pd, a Volquartsen accurizing kit is in order - after I put a few hundred more rounds through it to break things in a bit.

MK IV grips.jpg