Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PP in .22LR

That is a great looking gun! And, of course you have it working perfectly. Congrats!
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

I am way too old to become a collector but for that gun I would make an exception. Nice find.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Greg, that made my day.
    I am way too old to become a collector but for that gun I would make an exception. Nice find.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Congratulations! I have had a .22 PP since the mid 1980s. It is wonderfully accurate with its fixed 4" barrel and I have used it in Steel Challenge matches. It is fine except for the longest shots due to its small sights and my small skills. A knowledgeable gunsmith can do a lot with the trigger functioning and the DA trigger can definitely use it. The SA trigger can be made superb. An earlier post suggested this would be an ideal kit gun. I absolutely agree, except maybe for fear of damaging it.
    I also once owned a "PP Sport", the same basic gun with an extended 6" barrel, target sights with the front sight mounted on the barrel, rather than the frame, better trigger, target grips and an elongated hammer for easier cocking. It was more accurate, but did not weigh much more than the basic PP, which was much less than the all steel rimfire target pistols of the day.
    If you need mags, Walther currently makes a .22 PPK-S model, which may use the same mag, but check first. Some years ago, I bought some mags from "Triple K" (triplek.com) and they worked fine, but get Walther mags if they will fit. The Triple Ks needed some sanding of the sharp edges of their plastic base plates.
    High speed .22s are recommended over non-high speed ammo for reliable functioning.
    I am pretty certain my PP is not drop safe without the safety on. My firing pin seems locked with the safety on and can be pushed forward with the safety off. FYI, Wolff Gunsprings sell FP springs for the .22 PP.
    Good luck with it.
    Last edited by finpro; 10-31-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finpro View Post
    If you need mags, Walther currently makes a .22 PPK-S model, which may use the same mag, but check first.
    The mags for the new PPK/S do not fit the old pistols. Best bet is original or Interarms mags but they cost a fortune if you can find any.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Hey folks,
    Thanks for the comments and excellent info!
    I have two mags for the PP, but will keep an eye out for more.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    The mags for the new PPK/S do not fit the old pistols. Best bet is original or Interarms mags but they cost a fortune if you can find any.
    Thanks for this info. I was casually thinking about researching and ordering some, if they would fit. For a time, I checked for .22 PP mags at gun shows, but found only very expensive used mags which may have been Triple K mags, which look slightly different from my original mags. As I mentioned, I ordered some Triple Ks and they worked without a problem, though their base plates needed some edge rounding. Any port in a storm...

Gee I wished I looked that good a 58 but that was a long time ago. Hope you get some good shooting in with it.
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Funny I told a co worker the other day how I thought people really looked their age and wondered why I didn't. He wondered if I'd looked in a mirror lately.

Probably why my gigilo side business has been tapering off of late.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."