Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PM40 6-round (extended) mag nosedives

I’ll try that. I may try the lakeline follower for that mag as well. I really feel the mag is over sprung. On an empty and full mag, the 6 rounder is noticeably stiffer than the flush mag. With both mags topped off the top round on the 5 round is noticeably easier to strip off than the 6 round. The gun will feed the top round by riding the slide forward with the flush mag. On the extended you have to drop the slide with the slide stop or slide shot it very hard. If a coil or two were removed from the 6 round magazine I bet it would work better.

There is just far too much frition between the case rim and feed lips. Hopefully radiusing and polishing the inside of the feed lips for the gun to run normally. Something needs to give.

Might try swapping the springs just for grins. I think smoothing up those feed lips is going to help.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I haven't had a chance to polish the feed lips yet. I ordered a Lakeline metal follower, per recommendation from Kahr believe it or not. They were right. I installed the follower with the original spring and somehow the mag works like butter now. Before you had to drop the slide with the lever to chamber the first round like Kahr recommends. Now, with the new metal follower, you can even ride the slide forward and it pops the round right into the chamber from the top round down.

It looks like I'll be ordering these for all of my Kahr mags. I can't believe the difference. The follower must fit tighter and not tilt or something.