Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Wisconsin

Default Hi from Wisconsin

Hi, just signed up after reading some threads in here. I recently purchased a new Kahr P380 and I am happy so far with it. I've been to the range with it (Wisconsin just recently opened a new public range within about 30 minutes of me and it is sweet!) and I've fed 175 rds through it with a few FTFs, which I think will clear up as the pistol gets broken in more. I used Remington econo pack ammo and noticed it leaves my pistol really dirty inside and out. What do you use for target practice that is economical but cleaner than the Remington ammo?

Welcome to the forum. I use any ammo my cw380 will feed well. As long as it’s hot enough to operate the slide and it feeds well go for it. Recently I’ve been using a Federal American Eagle. Seller and Bellot has worked well for me in the past too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Welcome from another resident of the frozen tundra...………………...are you talking about the new no fee range in Poynette???????????

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Welcome from another resident of the frozen tundra...………………...are you talking about the new no fee range in Poynette???????????
    Yes I am. It is very well layed out in my opinion. Have you been there?

No, I usually try to stay away from the ranges. Too many cowboys...………………………….I can shoot off my back deck up nort, or go to a shop a few miles away and shoot in his back yard for $5 an hour. I can also shoot in New Lisbon at a club for $20 a year donation. I heard that they were already having problems with people shooting from non designated areas, shooting on Wednesdays when closed, and they are already getting noise complaints. Have a free range and the idiots will show up. They had a nice range for years near Delafield, Wi until the noise complaints started. Then someone decided it would be a good idea to shoot a .357 over the berm, and hit a woman in her back yard in the leg. They have $$$$$$$$ in Delafield, and that's all it took. Closed permanently after raising the berm and putting in noise breaks...……………...I used to belong to the Saukville Gun Club, but they started getting heavy in to the timed shooting events, so they were always busy. People were on a waiting list to join the place. So I gave up my spot. I go through Rio on my way up nort when I take the back roads. I may have to check it out.

Welcome from Marinette. I go to a free Wi range in Peshtigo. It is used very little except just before deer season. So far no idiots causing trouble that I have heard of. CW380, stay away from Herters Ammo. Extremely dirty.

Unfortunately there is always a few bad apples that ruin a good thing for the majority that respect it. Any time there is something free that is not monitored some idiots will show up and make it so everyone looses. I've only been to the Poynette site 2 times and I went on Tuesdays to avoid the weekend crowd. There were only a few other people besides myself there and when I talked to them they all also had concerns about cowboys. I don't know why anyone would shoot from non designated areas as the site and shooting shelters are so nice.

The former Badger Ordinance area that has been turned over to the DNR between Baraboo and Sauk Prairie would make an excellent location for a target range and off road vehicle course. But it looks like the trail walkers are going to get the whole thing for themselves.

I've been able to put 300rds through my P380 now and it is performing well as far as function. My aim needs some work. The Kahr is the shortest pistol I shoot and it is definitely harder to keep on target than my other pistols. Now I'm experimenting with defensive rounds and I will probably settle on XTPs, but I do like Speer Gold Dots through one of my other pistols.

Nothing wrong with cowboys, I think we need a new name for the pathetic waste of human flesh losers that ruin stuff for most.

Most cowboys I know got common sense and good manners, something sorely lacking in this day and age.

I too prefer to avoid the ranges but around these parts they keep closing down anything that resembles a pit or safe place to shoot by myself.
    Probably for the same reasons already mentioned.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Nothing wrong with cowboys, I think we need a new name for the pathetic waste of human flesh losers that ruin stuff for most.

Most cowboys I know got common sense and good manners, something sorely lacking in this day and age.

I too prefer to avoid the ranges but around these parts they keep closing down anything that resembles a pit or safe place to shoot by myself.
    Probably for the same reasons already mentioned.
    Bawanna, you are correct about real cowboys getting an undeserved bad rap here. But for some reason cowboy seems to be the name people around here use to describe the losers. I guess the right thing to call them is what they are- losers!

Welcome Teddy, and congrats on your new Kahr! I think that model is just about the only thing that beats out an LCP (small, light) but is on a whole nother level of quality than a LCP. As someone just told me about another Kahr I just got, “shoot it like ya stole it”. Welcome to the forum!