Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: Desert Eagle 1911 g sights question

Default Desert Eagle 1911 g sights question

I recently purchased my DE 1911G and I'm not a fan of the black out sights. I'm looking to upgrade to night sights but I haven't been able to find any for this model. Anyone have any recommendations on a night sight that will work for the 1911g without having to do any modifications to fit?

Quote Originally Posted by JCummins87 View Post
    I recently purchased my DE 1911G and I'm not a fan of the black out sights. I'm looking to upgrade to night sights but I haven't been able to find any for this model. Anyone have any recommendations on a night sight that will work for the 1911g without having to do any modifications to fit?
    Welcome to the forums!
    Dawson Precision has a front night sight for the DE 1911G: https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/m...search-sights/
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Night sites are the big thing now, but I prefer fiber optic sites. Dawson has those too. As my night sights die off, I'm replacing most of them with F.O. fronts.
    I find that if it's dark enough to need night sites, you can't see the target anyway. You'll be going off training and muscle memory.
    While fiber optic front sights "jump" out in most light, even low light.
    NRA Benefactor

Alright thanks for the help. So are you saying you keep the rear sight the factory black out and just install a fiber optic on the front sight since there doesn't seem to be any upgradable rear sights for the Desert eagle 1911?

Before you jump...a vote against fiber opitic. I much prefer trits in both lighted and low/no light applications.
    NRA Benefactor

Well there you go. One for and one against.
    Best move, might be to see if you can shoot somebodies pistol with a F.O. and see if you like it or not.

Be advised, Itxi has demonstrated a tendency to be "different", doesn't care for above average mammary glands on females.
    NRA Benefactor

While I like the looks of fiber optics, at least some versions, my eyes just don't pick them up. I've tried different colors being color blind, I don't see some so good.
    That being said I think night sights are often times way over rated and agree with the man that said if it's so dark you need night sights, you probably can't see what your shooting at anyhow.

I love the XS sights both Big Dot and standard dot. They are a night sight but unlike a lot of night sights they show up every good in daylight. My CBob is wearing a brass bead up front (wrong side of the tracks for the gold) made it myself but it works. Helps to shine it up now and then

I've just installed about 30 sets of the Trijicon HD sights with the orange dot up front on our dept Glocks, some love them (most) and a few don't.

So I guess its all in what works for the individual.

I do agree that Itxi is "different" and expert in the field of mammary glands but that's not a bad thing neither.
    And another subject where personal preferences may vary. Something I've tried to study as well and I have the bruises to prove it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Well there you go. One for and one against.
    Best move, might be to see if you can shoot somebodies pistol with a F.O. and see if you like it or not.

Be advised, Itxi has demonstrated a tendency to be "different", doesn't care for above average mammary glands on females.

Not true. I just don't equate quality to bigness/size.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    While I like the looks of fiber optics, at least some versions, my eyes just don't pick them up. I've tried different colors being color blind, I don't see some so good.
    That being said I think night sights are often times way over rated and agree with the man that said if it's so dark you need night sights, you probably can't see what your shooting at anyhow.

I love the XS sights both Big Dot and standard dot. They are a night sight but unlike a lot of night sights they show up every good in daylight. My CBob is wearing a brass bead up front (wrong side of the tracks for the gold) made it myself but it works. Helps to shine it up now and then

I've just installed about 30 sets of the Trijicon HD sights with the orange dot up front on our dept Glocks, some love them (most) and a few don't.

So I guess its all in what works for the individual.

I do agree that Itxi is "different" and expert in the field of mammary glands but that's not a bad thing neither.
    And another subject where personal preferences may vary. Something I've tried to study as well and I have the bruises to prove it.

Much truth in that. I prefer night sights on my carry guns, but not all have them. I will not defense carry a sidearm I can't point shoot well and it helps I have excellent vision for my age.
    NRA Benefactor