Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
Couple things, technology has been working for years to make the 9mm do what the 45 has done for 100 years.

Every gun needs a break in, only Kahr and a few others are up front with it. Personally I don't feel comfy with a carry gun till it's seen 4 or 500. That's not only for the gun but to mate me with the gun, get comfy with the controls etc.

I don't put a whole lot of faith in internet negative reviews, I certainly note them but you have to remember there are people that shouldn't be anywhere without walk and don't walk signs. Many often hang operator error issues on the gun instead of themselves.

The 380 did have teething problems since day one and still apparently has issues although many fewer than in years past. Course to me a pocketful of pebbles is about as effective as a 380 so I don't really pay much attention to those. There are those that swear by them and that's ok.

I honestly don't think you'll have any issues with a CM45. Any manufacturer can put out a bad one now and then and you have to play the game if that happens and that's not fun but if it happens Kahr will take care of it.
---------------------------------------
Well, a 380 with +P ammo is near comparable to a .38 spc, which was a standard police issue for many years. And the 380 is small enough that it can be concealed even when a CM9 cannot be. The most reliable is my sw j-frame. No FTE FTL and no jams. Bad cartridge? Pull the trigger again. Negative is 6.25" long, 1.25" wide, and slow reloads even with strips or speed loaders. Still, a pocket pistol with cargo pants and similar. Oh! And no break-in needed. Other neg is not the stopping power of 9mm +P .