Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger's Security 9 should be retitled "Common Sense 9"

Default Sr9 vs Security 9

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket Power View Post
    Just curious. Why the security 9 over the SR?
    Good question. My thoughts are they named the Security 9 for the fact that it is a bedside gun, hence 9 hours of sleep and security. For sure they are two dfferent guns. The Security 9 seems to share the same build quality of the LCPll with a aluminum chassis. The SR9 is obviously made for heavy range use the Security 9, again a beside gun. Just some comparison.

I liked the way it felt in my hand and the dealer's opinion of this pistol. My Security 9 is the #3816 model with the Viridian red laser. I traded a much used P290 even trade for the Security 9. I carry a CT380 in place of the P290 for weight and concealabilty.

I thought it was a great deal and $300 and bought it for my son for xmas. his first gun.

I have right around 1000 rounds through mine now and the only problem I had was one of the mags causing an occasional FTF. Called Ruger and they sent me a replacement with a return envelope for the flakey one. Good customer service. Mine gets toted around regularly.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by OldNavy View Post
    On a limited budget but want a great high cap 9mm?
    1. 4" groups or under at 25 yards freehand
    2. Can actually see a round in chamber when checking to make sure pistol is loaded - with no blowback or debris when fired. How many times have you checked your pistol by pulling back the slide because you weren't sure if you loaded your pistol? (Of course, always pull back slide to make sure pistol is unloaded.)
    3. conceals in IWB holster identical to a 1911 but with 16 devastating rounds and weight feels lighter. I carried a 1911 for 40+ years.
    4. Feeds everything without a single hickup, FTF, FTE
    5. Better than average sights
    6. Better than industry standard trigger
    7. Pistol, 2 15 round mags, great laser (which tightens groups in low light or indoor environments) for $360.00
    8. mags pop out and super easy to insert
    9. I have enjoyed this pistol completely
    10. I could have paid 100's more for another brand and not get any more - may be less - in fit, function, pointability, shootability, and complete reliability. I have owned many pistols and all were much more expensive, even 1,000's and I have to say that this pistol offers the most for the least. I use a nylon IWB left hand holster and the G2 Fobus tactical holster left hand paddle that fits my CZ Sp01 with laser/light. The Security 9 fits snuggly without any movement.
    11. The Security 9 is a mid sized pistol that is smaller and lighter than a Glock or Sig. with the same capacity of rounds.
    Ruger is a wonderful company and it is nice to see you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a reliable handgun.

A number of them have come into our range and I from what I have seen I would agree with everything you said EXCEPT the part about the nylon holster. Nylon is for pantyhose, go kill a Kydex or a horse and get a real holster.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I quit panty hose myself, much too confining. Back to the garter belt and stockings for me.
    Very hard to find my favorites with the line on the back to make sure I got em on straight. Course don't really matter I wear britches over em anyhow.
    I'm not a weirdo you know?
    I never did go in for nylon holsters myself either, just didn't seem right to me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."