Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: Kahr (P or CW)380 Slide on a Kahr (P or CW)9 Frame

Default Kahr (P or CW)380 Slide on a Kahr (P or CW)9 Frame

My question is directed to people who own both a 380 and 9mm in the same series (P or CW). I have a strange request, and I expect to get flak from some posters for even asking it, but I really want to know. Will one (or more) of you try to put the slide of a 380 on the frame of a 9mm. Does it go into battery? Does it rack properly? Does the slide stop hold the slide open? Could you also try putting the 9mm barrel into the 380 slide (using the 380 recoil spring and guide rod) and mount that on the 9mm frame? Do parts line up such that a 9mm round could be properly stripped from the 9mm magazine and loaded into the chamber? Does the 9mm barrel lock into 380 slide when in battery?

I know that it will look weird with things not being even at the front end of the pistol. The 380s are generally around 0.5" shorter than the 9mm pistols. I also know this configuration would not be recommended or supported by Kahr. I also know that the 380 spring would be too weak for a 9mm round. I just what to know if the geometry of the pieces fit. Thank you so very much!

Not even close in slide width.

Thank you so much for checking! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    Not even close in slide width.
    yep, what he said.

Gee whiz info..... The closest I think that would do something like that if they ever produced it is the Remington RM380 (previously the Rohrbough R9) The RM380 mag even has an insert to make 380 rounds fit in the mag. Remove the mag insert and 9mm rounds fit. Sadly Remington will not likely make an RM9. The RM380 is a nice pocket pistol that eats anything in 380.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    yep, what he said.

Gee whiz info..... The closest I think that would do something like that if they ever produced it is the Remington RM380 (previously the Rohrbough R9) The RM380 mag even has an insert to make 380 rounds fit in the mag. Remove the mag insert and 9mm rounds fit. Sadly Remington will not likely make an RM9. The RM380 is a nice pocket pistol that eats anything in 380.
    Yes it is - paid $170 + FFL fee for my new one a year ago when they were on sale at PSA and Remington was running their cash rebates.
    Wish they would sell me a drop-in 9mm barrel.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Yes it is - paid $170 + FFL fee for my new one a year ago when they were on sale at PSA and Remington was running their cash rebates.
    My RM380 has been flawless and I too have wished for a 9mm conversion. But ... 875 rounds of 380 has created a lot of frame wear. I'm not sure this frame could handle 9mm.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    My RM380 has been flawless and I too have wished for a 9mm conversion. But ... 875 rounds of 380 has created a lot of frame wear. I'm not sure this frame could handle 9mm.

Mine is the same. After shooting too much Underwood ammo, I actually had to take mine to a local gunsmith because it developed some burring that caused it to stick when hand-cycling.

So I strictly shoot Critical Defense now, although I really like the ARX poly ammo (if I could convince myself that it was 100% viable for self defense).

But the RM380 really is a wonder...I don't think I could get it to malfunction if I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I'll sell you a real Rohrbaugh in 9mm if you want. PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Mine is the same. After shooting too much Underwood ammo, I actually had to take mine to a local gunsmith because it developed some burring that caused it to stick when hand-cycling.

So I strictly shoot Critical Defense now, although I really like the ARX poly ammo (if I could convince myself that it was 100% viable for self defense).

But the RM380 really is a wonder...I don't think I could get it to malfunction if I tried.
    Just curious which Underwood ammo was causing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk