CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P380--Break In Completed!!

My P380 is a serial #RAxxxx from the first production run. Took 560 rounds before it loosened up and stopped spewing plastic frame shavings. One broken striker and a dozen of different OEM recoil spring combinations. I stopped counting at 4000 rounds. It just runs and runs. I handload on the hot end of the scale and have zero problems. P380’s love HOT loads. For HP I run Gold Dot and Golden Saber. ICC with the XTP bullet are a great round if you can find them.

Phew!!

I got the Magguts installed yesterday and just got back from a quick run out to the range.

Put about 60 rounds downrange, a combination of Critical Defense and ARX polymer rounds. Not a single hiccup. I even sling-shot the slide a few times to try to mess things up, as well as mixing different rounds in the magazine. It looks like the upgrade did the trick, and I'll be buying Magguts for my other magazine now.

p.s. I'm growing more and more fond of those ARX rounds, too. Very, very accurate in terms of POA/POI, and they feel like I loaded my pistol up with .22 rounds. Watching the Paul Harrell video, it looks like the 9mm version of the round really tears up bone and flesh...I just wish someone would do a similar video on the 380 version, although I don't imagine the results would be dramatically different.

Awesome news!

I’ve been carrying the Novx ARX in my CM9 and agree that it’s accurate with very little felt recoil.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Awesome news!

I’ve been carrying the Novx ARX in my CM9 and agree that it’s accurate with very little felt recoil.
    You know, I've never really considered the ARX for my 9mm. I've recently switched to the Federal HST round for both my P365 and MK9, and feel very comfortable with it from the various tests I've seen.

But the ARX definitely deserves a range test at this point...like I said, I am definitely coming around on this ammo.

Received and installed a second Magguts kit for my back-up magazine, and got it out to the range today.

My and my teenage son, a promising though fledgling shooter, put about 40 rounds of Critical Defense through it with no hang-ups. I think--knock wood--that I've solved my FTF issue.

My P380 is officially back in rotation as an EDC pistol, and I couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Received and installed a second Magguts kit for my back-up magazine, and got it out to the range today.

My and my teenage son, a promising though fledgling shooter, put about 40 rounds of Critical Defense through it with no hang-ups. I think--knock wood--that I've solved my FTF issue.

My P380 is officially back in rotation as an EDC pistol, and I couldn't be happier.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

One of my favorite carry guns also. Just remember not to "limp wrist", and it will serve you well!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets