Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: CW9 light strike and FTF?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Take the reloads out of the equation first to see if they are the issue.
    It's possible it has a slightly tighter chamber and the reloads are seated just a tad long.
    If factory works without issue, might try seating the reloads a bit deeper.
    Or easier yet, do the plunk test, drop a reload down the barrel and see if it sits properly in the chamber.

Most of the Kahrs strike slightly off center and often times leave what I call primer smear, it's like the striker doesn't retract quickly enough and drags across the primer as the case is on the way out.

Check it out and let us know how it shakes out, we can all learn from this.
    Thanks Bawanna,

We will try to get out to the range this weekend, shoot some factory defensive ammo and ammo sold by the range,
    and report back.
    shovel99

Default CW9 shot and cycled Hordnady Crtitical Defense well.... but...

Quote Originally Posted by shovel99 View Post
    Thanks Bawanna,

We will try to get out to the range this weekend, shoot some factory defensive ammo and ammo sold by the range,
    and report back.
    shovel99
    Critical Defense in STD pressure shot well, with a very short COL and narrow cone, I figured if anything would cycle, this should, and we would just let it go at that.

Per the excellent recommendation, I did gravity drop both Hornady Critical Defense and my own reloads into the chamber of the CW9, (with muzzle facing down) and neither of them dropped all the way in. Stopped at around 1/8 inch still protruding. So rounds are facing some resistance in chambering.

I tried dropping them into my Ruger LC9S Pro and both rounds dropped right into the chamber.

I plan to personally give the CW9 an extra barrel scrub with the bore brush and solvent and see if the bro hasn't been keeping his tools clean.
    Surely, Kahr would check this when a weapon is returned with a cycling problem, I was telling myself?

Either way, brother has lost confidence in the go "bangedness of Kahr" and will probably move on to a Ruger LC9S Pro.

Mine shoots everything, including all the rounds that didn't go bang in the Kahr, first trigger pull.

Kahr used to own this market but things change.

Thanks to all.

Paul

I would look to the striker channel first for gunk slowing the striker enough to produce a light hit w/no bang; if the channel is clean, use Federal ammo or primers (softest) in your reloads. did brother replace striker spring with a reduced power striker spring? sometimes that results in FTF with certain brands of ammo. I use reduced power striker spring in my EDC/COMP. CM9, but keep striker channel clean w/o problems.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER