Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customized MK9 For Sale In Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Bird,

Did you complete the polish job on your MK9? I've contemplated doing that to mine. Did you use Flitz, Mothers? Any power buffing or all hand?

Thanks,

Dave
    Hi Dave, No I did not. I’ve had 2-3 polishing “projects” going on for a few years, but have never gotten to the MK. I did complete a now gone K9. No Flitz or Mothers was used. Sanding, filing, stoning and a buffing wheel was used. I’ve still got pics of the K9 and will attach them to this response. Good luck if you tackle that project. Just be ready for it to take a lot of hours, a lot of sandpaper and a lot of buffing compound. I generally start out very rough on stainless (#250 grit) and work my way to #1500 grit, also using the files or stones to get rid of any metal cast marks, chatter marks, metal boogers, etc. Then it’s to the buffer for black compound, then green. Sometimes you’ll have to go back a step to your more rough stuff. Anyways, hope that explains it and helps. I’d invite any more questions you may have once you get into it. Happy polishing!!!

Sorry Dave, I attempted to post pics, or post a link to the thread where I showed the K9’s progress, but am unable to do so.

eek. I'm not too sure that I'm ready for some of that aggressive kind of polishing.

How much less did your k9 weigh after the fluff?

I guess I'll be content just putting another coat of Shinola on my boots for now.

Thanks tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    eek. I'm not too sure that I'm ready for some of that aggressive kind of polishing.

How much less did your k9 weigh after the fluff?

I guess I'll be content just putting another coat of Shinola on my boots for now.

Thanks tho!
    Man, I don’t blame you. Everytime I think about getting back onto one of my projects, my knuckles hurt as if I already worked on one!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Hi Dave, No I did not. I’ve had 2-3 polishing “projects” going on for a few years, but have never gotten to the MK. I did complete a now gone K9. No Flitz or Mothers was used. Sanding, filing, stoning and a buffing wheel was used. I’ve still got pics of the K9 and will attach them to this response. Good luck if you tackle that project. Just be ready for it to take a lot of hours, a lot of sandpaper and a lot of buffing compound. I generally start out very rough on stainless (#250 grit) and work my way to #1500 grit, also using the files or stones to get rid of any metal cast marks, chatter marks, metal boogers, etc. Then it’s to the buffer for black compound, then green. Sometimes you’ll have to go back a step to your more rough stuff. Anyways, hope that explains it and helps. I’d invite any more questions you may have once you get into it. Happy polishing!!!
    Why do I think that is the exact process Kahr Co uses on the elites? Did you mention that? Can't recall where it came from.

Why do I think that is the exact process Kahr Co uses on the elites? Did you mention that? Can't recall where it came from.

I think those guys have muuuuuuch better equipment and processes than myself. The K9 must have taken 60-80 hours. They’d be some mighty expensive guns, or be using less than cheap labor, if they were as slow as me. : )

10767F07-353F-4EB1-84B0-AE1C5A94380A.jpg
    Finally got one pic that would upload. A slide from one of the ongoing projects, a Springfield compact 1911.

Wow!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

If you decide to part with any of your grips, I'm looking for a pair. Beautiful pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    If you decide to part with any of your grips, I'm looking for a pair. Beautiful pistol.
    Thank you for the compliments guys!
    Gonzo, I don’t have those grips anymore. Sorry.