Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: Ordered an S9 today

Default Ordered an S9 today

LGS had none in stock so I ordered one. This is will be for my son, his first pistol. I thought I had read somewhere in the past about Kahr fabricating a machine that will cycle each new handgun 200 times, in order to reduce the number of returns by those that don't do this (or put 200 rounds down range), and then send the gun in for "repair". Can anyone provide a link to that news article?

I personally hand rack each of my new Kahrs at a minimum of 500 times before taking them to the range for the first time. As a result I've had few to no issues with each of my Kahrs during their first range visit. So if I know that the factory has cycled this new S9 200 times I'll only cycle it myself 300 times before testing it at the range.

Thank you Sir!

Previous models had recommended in their manuals that the guns be broken-in with at least 200 rounds of ammunition, however, the cost of this break-in procedure dissuaded some potential customers from buying a CW9. Kahr’s solution was to build a hydraulic fixture to cycle each gun hundreds of times before shipping it out. This process breaks loose any microscopic burs and burnishes the metal parts, in effect, breaking the gun in at the factory. Additionally, the chamber of the barrel is polished and honed. Kahr states that the S9 should be ready to carry straight from the box, although a prudent person will test any new gun with his or her desired carry ammunition.