GLOCK17L1.jpgGLOCK17L2.jpgI unexpectedly won a stripped G17 frame for $40 on Gunbroker,and was planning to build a G34. This
Spinta Precision stainless slide came across gundeals, so a G17L it was. Barrel is a Silencerco threaded barrel in case I decide to run a comp one day. Parts kit is pretty much OEM Glock---I do have a Ghost 3.5 connector in it, but that's it. Sights are Heinie Straight Eight, since they're close in concept to the bar/dot that comes on Kahrs.

It is ridiculously easy to shoot accurately. The sight radius is something like 9 inches. Making bullseye shots at 15 yards is no problem at all.

The slide was bead blasted when I got it. I considered not polishing it, but bead blasted stainless shows fingerprints like crazy. Black, ugly fingerprints. So I started hand sanding it. Began with 180 grit then worked up to 9000 grit. I actually have sandpaper from 10000-60000 grit, and I spent some time with those on it, but I don't think it did much. I then polished with Mother's Mag and a microfiber cloth. I think it turned out pretty well.

I do not like the trigger on this one, still. It's gritty and still kind of stiff. Since this is only ever going to be a range toy, next step is a lightened striker so I can put in a light striker and FPS spring kit and still detonate Winchester primers. And I want to put in a Johnny Glocks competition trigger. He claims to get sub-2 pound pulls with all safeties functioning. $200 for a trigger is OUCH though.